We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buffs lfb adventure

Which Atlantic City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Buffalo NY
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Buffs lfb adventure

Learned a few things about lfb this weekend that may help others. Key points are that I found out I have a limit of $100 a day and the printout trick still works just fine.

Checked into a crowded Caesars on Thursday and found out that most rooms were being held by VIP for high Diamonds and 7 Star members. After a small "discussion" I got a Centurion Non-Smoking 2 bed room with a great Ocean view, so no complaints even if I wanted a King. Asked if I was lfb and was told yes, but I did have to ask.

So I printed out my $200+ in comps and started charging to the room my drinks at both Ballys Beach Bar and other fine drinking establishments at $6.50 a beer. All worked good first night and the only thing on my bill was some tips I placed on the bill instead of cash. Friday was a drinking day and late at night I got piles of food at Ballys Lone Star Grill and damn those cookies are good when they are free. But somehow I decided to go back out to Ballys and with no bottles I got a few at the Lobby Bar. This must have pushed me over $100 for the day as this showed up on my bill the next day. Oh by the way, I printed out comp slips I earned during the day before makes purchases.

Saturday was more of the same with 2 buffets and drinking until another late night stop at Lone Star. This showed up on my bill as the many stops for 4 beers at Toga at $26.00 a clip must have added up quickly and put me over a $100. The $100 figure is not exact, but an educated quess.

Either way, I had a great time, got about $300 in "free" drinks and food and lost $2000+.

So in the end who really won?

But all comps were back in my account today and I have $300 plus ready for Vegas next month.

Work, Beach or...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buffs lfb adventure

Okay, so now I'm confused - did they take ANY comps from you for going over the limit? Or did you have to pay cash for the difference? Did they just pick it up in the end, thereby negating the $100 limit?

I'm still trying to learn how to play this game!

Cheers,

LuvBreezes

Stafford, VA
Level Contributor
3,077 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Buffs lfb adventure

I am curious too. We went way over the 100/day at Harrahs June 20-22, and way over again at Showboat this past weekend, nothing but tips showed up on the TV. Maybe LFB is coded in tiers, like 100/day, 150/day, 200/day based on ADT?

I did specifically ask checking in at SB what my $$ limit was, and was not given one, just told I could use it at any bar or eating at mansion, Buffet, Canal and Noodle Bar. I also asked about HOB and was told no, not able to use it there. I mentioned a "friend" was told yes (I remember reading on the board that someone was able to last week) but was told definately no HOB on LFB, but I was welcome to use my comps 2-1 if I would like to dine there.

Buffalo NY
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Buffs lfb adventure

The extra money when I went over the $100 showed up on my room bill and was then charged to my Credit Card on file. By the way I am a lower Diamond with a decent ADT (I think), but a small fish this weekend with the big players in town.

Work, Beach or...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buffs lfb adventure

So, if you did have any comps in your account, they would have taken them before charging your card? I think that's what always happens to me. But if I'm going to pay either way, I guess it all comes out in the wash. It just irks me that they say it's comp'd, but you still end up losing out on something in the end. At least you're getting the benefit of a hundred per day. Next question - does that apply to you and your companion each, or is it per room?

Thanks again,

LuvBreezes

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
706 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buffs lfb adventure

Last time I was at Ballys at RFB, I ordered room service breakfast for 2, drinks all day either at Ballys or Caesars and then Approx $200 dinner at Mias and I was shocked that it was all covered. How do you determine what the limit is?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buffs lfb adventure

The rule of thumb is normally $100 per day - lfb, $300 per day - rfb. They have always picked up the tab if we have gone over, but they told us that a host has to authorize it.

Callicoon/Brooklyn...
Destination Expert
for Callicoon, Atlantic City
Level Contributor
5,344 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buffs lfb adventure

luv,

With both LFB & RFB, they will take any comps you have in your account FIRST. After your comps are gone, HET will pick up the charges.

Now for limits, I've heard rumors that it is $100 per day for LFB & $300 per day for RFB, but I never had a limit, I can only assume that either HET or my host picks up any difference.

This is why we EMPTY out accounts BEFORE using lfb/rfb, they charge your account immediately when paying the check.

Hope this helps.

Bill

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
521 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Buffs lfb adventure

I was LFB last time at Harrahs and went over the $100/day. We spent about $125 the first night and $200 the second night. And I dont have a host.

crystal

Stafford, VA
Level Contributor
3,077 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Buffs lfb adventure

I also don't have a host, the overages were still picked up .

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
741 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Buffs lfb adventure

i am guessing that those dollar figures are guidelines not set in stone. i am rfb and always treat my guests to lunches, dinners, etc. i am always over the 300 per day mark and nothing has ever been said.