We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Absecon Lighthouse

Which Atlantic City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
14,615 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Absecon Lighthouse

there is a bartender at Spirit Bar in Showboat [nearest to the boardwalk] named Rob who is an AC native. He has a tatoo of Absecon Lighthouse on his right arm. He told us [Venus was visiting] that I was only 1 of 2 ppl that realized his tatoo was of Absecon Lighthouse. So if u get to SB between hours of midnight to 8am & have a drink at Spirit Bar, ask Rob for a 'waxed pussy' and mention that you just noticed that his tatoo is of Absecon Lighthouse.

for the recipe for a 'waxed pussy', um....

well there was malibu rum & cranberry juice... Oh jeez, I am usually in bed by that hour, Venus ru reading this? I need your help as u can imagine what a search on 'waxed pussy' finds

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
950 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Absecon Lighthouse

How you got that by TA I don't know, but the drink was delicious, the show Rob put on to present it and give out 12 free shots even better.

He wrote it down on a napkin for me since I got the ingredients wrong. Can't find the napkin just now, but I'm almost sure there were peach schnapps in addition to the Malibu run and cranberry juice. It tasted like watermelon - awesome!

The cool part was watching Rob arrange about 22 glasses on the bar, mix the shots, pour them into 12 cocktail shakers, stack them then pour the whole stack in sequence as he bent and moved the stack over the cantilevered set of glasses. Cool as heck! And 12 people at the bar got a free drink. I loved his reply when asked what he was doing - "Having fun!" A very good bartender.

Callicoon/Brooklyn...
Destination Expert
for Callicoon, Atlantic City
Level Contributor
5,345 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Absecon Lighthouse

I've never been to this bar, or had a "Waxed Pussy" :o), but I watched Wayne & Nina at the eden lounge prepare drinks in this manner, I was totally impressed. The way that some bartenders entertain is something to see.

Bill

United States
Level Contributor
18,409 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Absecon Lighthouse

I will be staying at SB at the end of August and will try to remember to go the Spirit Bar late one night and check out Bob's tatoo and maybe have a waxed pussy. I remember reading something recently about the lighthouse being one of the tallest in the country or on the East Coast.

I am not exactly sure how to pronounce Absecon. I think I have been pronouncing in incorrectly for a long time until fairly recently when I think I heard the correct pronunciation.

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
14,615 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Absecon Lighthouse

the recipe for a 'waxed pussy':

malibu rum

cranberry juice

peach schnapps

while I am sure that Wayne & Nina can make a 'waxed pussy', I am guessing that Wayne & Nina do NOT have the Absecon Lighthouse tattooed anywhere on them

Newburyport Ma
Level Contributor
491 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Absecon Lighthouse

I will be at the showboat this sunday, and will try out the drink,

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
14,615 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Absecon Lighthouse

now that I have the ingredients, I did a search on them and got the 'tired pussy'

barnonedrinks.com/drinks/t/tired-pussy-5160.…

I am guessing the 'waxed pussy' is a variation of the 'tired pussy'

but the 'waxed pussy' even w/o the fabulous show of a dozen shakers & many more stacked barglasses is still a tasty cocktail

tjbre: ask for Rob

Callicoon/Brooklyn...
Destination Expert
for Callicoon, Atlantic City
Level Contributor
5,345 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Absecon Lighthouse

>>>>while I am sure that Wayne & Nina can make a 'waxed pussy', I am guessing that Wayne & Nina do NOT have the Absecon Lighthouse tattooed anywhere on them<<<<

LOL

I haven't gotten drunk enough to compare tattoo's (heaven knows where they may be placed)

Bill

8. Re: Absecon Lighthouse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 09:34