We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Foundation Room at Showboat

Callicoon/Brooklyn...
Destination Expert
for Callicoon, Atlantic City
Level Contributor
5,373 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Foundation Room at Showboat

Is anybody a member of the Foundation Room at Showboat? How does it work? What kind of benefits? Any input is appreciated.

Bill

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,664 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Foundation Room at Showboat

Yo Bill - unless they've changed the rules, as a 7 Stars member you are entitled to go into the Foundation Room whenever you want (although you still have to pay for food and drinks). It's a weird but interesting environment. I went for the grand opening back in whenever. I occasionally look at their menu but haven't actually had dinner there.

If you go to the HOB web site, www.hob.com - there should be a section on Foundation membership, costs, benefits etc. If memory serves it is something like $1000 a year.

I suggest that the next time you and MJ are at the Boat you go in and take a look around.

Bests, ACMama

Newburyport Ma
Level Contributor
501 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Foundation Room at Showboat

Bill, I rec a one time pass to the Foundation room, which I will be using next wed, I will let you know what it is like when I come back, and I think it is open from wed thru sun, 4 to ? Tom

Work, Beach or...
Level Contributor
2,794 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Foundation Room at Showboat

I went to a private party there once. We had our own little room and they served us drinks and appys. The service was great, it was a fun atmosphere, and you really did feel like you were part of some entitled exclusive society just being allowed in. Having said that, I sincerely doubt I would pony up $1000 for membership, there are way too many good meals to be had in elsewhere in AC. It's really more of a status thing, to be able to say you're a member -- and not worry how much your dinner check will come to. If you get a chance to check it out, definitely go see for yourself what you would/not be missing. It's a pretty cool place.

Cheers,

LuvBreezes

Callicoon/Brooklyn...
Destination Expert
for Callicoon, Atlantic City
Level Contributor
5,373 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Foundation Room at Showboat

Thanks, We'll be at Showboat 8/8 till 8/11, so We'll stop in to see what it's like. I'll post a reply to let you know what I think.

Bill

5. Re: Foundation Room at Showboat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 10:21