We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Water Club

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
263 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
The Water Club

Im going down to A/C in mid October and im staying one night at the Tropicana,and then a night at the Water Club. I have heard many negitive reviews about The Water Club. Has anyone ever stayed there?

NJ
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: The Water Club

Tyler-

The trop doesn't even compare to the Water Club.

Staying back to back will give you a good feel for exactly what the Trop is all about.

From what I can remember reading here some complaints (not necess. mine) about the WC are:

1. No refrig in room

2. No Coffee Maker

3. No kids allowed

4. Room slightly smaller than Borgata Room

5. Couldn't bring up a cooler

6. Attitude of Workers (we hear this about BG too)

7. overcrowding at pools

If some of those bother you ..... the WC may not be for you, but do try it out..... If you put those things aside you have the nicest hotel in AC IMHO

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
263 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Water Club

The only prob I have EVER had at the Trop was my most recent trip. The room was filty dirty(North Tower Suite). I plan to stay in a suite in the South Tower this time so im hoping it will be much cleaner.

I do not care about all those fancy items in the Water Clubs rooms. If the Trop would clean up I would never even think about going to the Borgata/Water Club. Two things that do not sit right with me is the fact that there is no fridge. I need a fridge for my medicine. Also my 16 year old grandson also is coming with us like he always does.Is there going to be a problem with him in the Water Club?

NY
Level Contributor
926 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Water Club

I have stayed at WC. Never again. Not worth the money.

I would use the money to stay in a suite at Borgata.

Have not stayed in the Trop in years so I cannot compare.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
263 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Water Club

I was going to stay in a fiore or an opus but the Boragta is booked

NY
Level Contributor
926 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Water Club

Someone on another post (or it might have been a review of the WC) said that WC guests can use the Borgata spa and pool. This seems unfair. But he can the Borgata pool. I do not think he can use a WC pool.

Other than video games on the TV not sure what he can do to pass the time. At least at the Trop he can go on the Boardwalk.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
263 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Water Club

My grandson wants to become a Hotel Manager. He mostly comes to stay in the room and to get a feel of the Hotel. Then at the end he writes a review. He likes the Trop the best.Tho he's been dying to stay at the water club. He goes to the movies(IMAX),the boardwalk,and I get free show tickets to see diffrent things. And most of all he keeps me company. In the summer time I get two rooms and he brings a bunch of his friends.

brooklyn, ny
Level Contributor
509 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Water Club

He wont be able to use any of the WC club pools, new policy. Too bad the BG is booked up. Is there anywhere else he'd like to stay?

CT
Level Contributor
2,212 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: The Water Club

If you need a fridge for medication I believe they will bring one in. I would call before your stay there to verify it.

I pick the regular Borg over the WC also. I stayed there in August. It is a small room.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Water Club

hi, we've stayed at the water club twice now. we really like it and have never been treated rudely. the reason they don't allow coolers is because they don't want a bunch of loud partying going on in rooms that would disturb high-end guests,which is a common occurrence at the borgata. most luxury hotels do not have refridgeraters or coffee makers. the food is excellent and the aesthetics and ambience of the hotel and restaurant are chic and quite relaxing. rooms are nicely decorated and of good size. the baths are big with excellent products. we were there during the week so the pool was no problem. they did change the rules and now kids are not allowed in some pools, so that might not work for you. we stayed at the tropicana a few years ago with friends and i have to say, our room was a dump and service sucked. perhaps they've shaped up since then. hope this helps.

NY
Level Contributor
926 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Water Club

Just curious when you say

"restaurant are chic and quite relaxing"

Because when I was there WC does not have restaurants.