We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bed Bugs???

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
309 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bed Bugs???

My friend stayed at Harrahs this past weekend as did we. We had the Atrium and she had Marina Tower 12th flr. On Sat. morn. she called me to say she was going to the infirmary for bites she got during the nite. She thinks they were bed bugs. I saw her legs and there were red marks and she said her butt area was worse. They were going to change her room.

We left yesterday, but I just spoke to her (she's on her way home) as she was staying till today and they moved her room 3 doors down and she just said she got bit again.

My question is this - ALL the many weeks I stayed at Harrahs in just about all the rooms I have never encountered a problem. I love this friend dearly, but could she have a rash of sorts from something else and think it's bed bugs? She says she had nothing prior to then. Could bed bugs invest a whole floor or what? I mean both rooms? Sounds suspicious or "scary". What do you guys think?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
263 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bed Bugs???

I could be bed bugs. I always check the bed no matter where I stay (I even check the Water Club). You just need one person and thats it. Tropicana's west tower has them also. To your question about infecting a whole floor the answer is yes. The maids can spread them. They can be spread throught the whole tower or even hotel. A doctor should be able to tell right away what it is. I would bring the matter up with the hotel right away!!!

pa
Level Contributor
3,301 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bed Bugs???

With the way they are laying people off its hard to say how Housekeeping will be taking Short-cuts.Hope your friend is Better.Does sound "scary".

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
263 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bed Bugs???

They stopped vacuming now too. You walk in the room and the floor it filled with little papers, hair, crushed chips, hair pins, and paper clips.

Hamilton, NJ
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bed Bugs???

I've never encountered them at Harrah's myself, but a friend has and was also staying in the Marina tower (don't know which floor). I have had them in the Trop, though. (west tower)

PA
Level Contributor
265 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bed Bugs???

Stayed at Harrahs about 10 year ago...DH got terrible rash, had to cut visit short. Have been going to Caesars for 15 years..after HET took over,

DH got rash there. I chalked it up to detergent, ugh....the thought that it may be bed bugs!! We have started going to Ballys and no problem, go figure!

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bed Bugs???

Please...Chicken Little the Sky is Falling!!!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
6,136 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bed Bugs???

The bed bug concern is sorry to hear. Harrahs has always in my expierence found to be very clean. Unfortunatly the bed bugs are usually broght in by another guest and then mutliple. Hopefully Harrah's takes the steps to clean the room right. Tell tale sign the bites are from bed bugs and not a rash is there is usally small drops of blood on the sheets at the bite locations.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
309 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bed Bugs???

Spoke to my friend who said the room she was 1st in had a "do not disturb" sign on the door and when she was leaving today she was told that the room would most likely not be available for a month or so. I presume they will be doing fumigating.

Don't know about the blood drops but I did see a lot of red marks on her legs. I am very surprised about it too!! We go 2/3 times/month and never ever had any problem of any kind,.i.e. room dirty, no towels, trash all over, etc. Nothing, so it was a shock. Oh well, hopefully they are on top of it and I will bring bug spray when we go Sat. just in case....LOL I still love it there though.

Daytona Beach...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
3,555 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bed Bugs???

Can you see bedbugs? I wouldn't know what to look for..but it sounds disgusting.

NE Pa
Level Contributor
335 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Bed Bugs???

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/bedbugs/