We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

diamond in a day

NY
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
205 reviews
Save Topic
diamond in a day

How many tier credits do you have to earn to get diamond in a day? Thanks, just curious.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: diamond in a day

10,000 reward credits. every $5 = 1 reward credit.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
741 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: diamond in a day

it is not 10,000. it used to be 10k for diamond for the year. now 11k. diad may be like 3-4k not sure.....

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: diamond in a day

Hmmm, I thought it was still 10,000. Oh well, whats another 1000. :)

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
269 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: diamond in a day

My friend did it last week, 3,000 tier points.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
6,172 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: diamond in a day

I'm not sure about the diamond in a day amount either, I was thinking it was 4,000 but it might be 3,000. From what I remember though it can't be used to renew a diamond card, for that you need to earn the 11,000 points once again.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: diamond in a day

Interesting. I've never heard of earning Diamond with less than the normal 10/11K points. Learn something new all the time.

NY
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: diamond in a day

Well, I was just curious, I thought I had read about others earning diamond in a day, if they made a certain number of tier points on one visit. My husband is diamond, went back to 0 of course on New Years, and went yesterday and earned over 3000 points. I know about the 11000 points, but I was wondering if you make a certain amount of points in one visit, if that made the diamond in a day thing, and then, he would have it renewed one more year already.. It doesnt say anything on our tr page, as it already has him listed as diamond status until march anyway. Thanks.

Pa
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: diamond in a day

MittMott,

To earn DIAD you must earn the required number of points ( not sure what it is now, when they first started it was relatively easy, I think it was only 2000 points but they have raised that number ) in a 24 hour period, not a visit.

If your husband earned the 11,000 pts required in 2008 his card will automatically be renewed in March and be good thru March, 2010. You are now actually working on points for your 2010/2011 card, if he earned 3000 on his first trip your off to a good start.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: diamond in a day

Note that DIAD is property-specific. You'll get different answers if you ask at different places. On my last trip to AC, it was 3,000 according to the TR reps at Ballys and Harrahs, but all the ones I asked (and I asked 3 different people) at Showboat said it's 4,000.

Also note that it has to be earned during a gaming day, which is 6 AM - 5:59 AM. Not midnight to midnight.

Southern NJ
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: diamond in a day

And as has already been said, if you are already Diamond, you can not earn Diamond in a Day unless you rack up the entire 11,000 credits in one day! 3000 is a great start to the 2009 total!