We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pickles?

Midwest
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Topic
Pickles?

Is Pickles deli still open? The last time we were there it was closed and 6ix was there for breakfast a few days a week.

I got my Feb. offers and the food voucher is for Virginia City or 6ix. It used to be for Pickles too.

ALEXANDRIA
Level Contributor
5,271 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pickles?

I believe it is still open. Per my last trip to AC and what they say on the website it is.

Have you been to Pickkles before? I found it a little gross. I greatly prefer 6ix.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
263 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pickles?

Yes I think it is still open. I like Pickles very much. My wife skives it. I liked the Pastrami on rye, but I recently tried the Pastrami at Seaside Cafe and it was 100x better.

Daytona Beach...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pickles?

I haven't been to Pickles in years but I use to love their half sandwiche and soup... so much food-and delicious!

United States
Level Contributor
19,992 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pickles?

I also think it is still open, though it may still be closed for renovations. I remember when I was at The Bikini Bar at Bally's this past summer they said they were getting their food from Johnny Rocket's instead of Pickles because Pickles was temporarily closed. I have eaten in Pickles one time and thought the food to be good, even though the potato salad was very mayonaisy.

Morris County, New...
Level Contributor
308 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pickles?

Just got back from AC - Pickles "is currently unavailable" according to the sign out front. It may just be opne on weekends until the season starts.

6ix is a good alternative ( but not the deli that Pickles is). Don't know why they call it six but spell it sixty-nine - 6 IX .

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,772 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pickles?

Skip Pickles and walk over to White House Subs for a sandwich/sub you will remember, You'll be glad you did! ENJOY..

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
950 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Pickles?

For about half the price of 6ix (never noticed someone had a dirty mind when they named that!) you can get a great gyro at Bill's, a block down the Boardwalk from Bally's.

Emmaus, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
987 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pickles?

Pickles can't be too popular these days if no one has been able to confirm it's still in operation or limited operation.

Used to go there years ago to use comps and it was very busy with a line to get in. The bowl of pickles on the table was a neat touch. Sandwiches were sizeable and good soup.

Sounds like there's a possibility I might have to live with the memories.

Regarding the interpretation of the name 6IX that seems like a stretch. My understanding is that it's a simple substituion of the numeral 6 for the letter S...as in SIX = 6IX.

United States
Level Contributor
19,992 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pickles?

6ix is on the sixth floor of Bally's. That is where the name came from. It's good, but a little expensive.

Monmouth County,NJ
Destination Expert
for Southampton Parish
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pickles?

2 Sundays ago, Pickles was closed! Don't know why.

Going down again Wednesday, I'll see if it's open.