We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

25k Sand Colored Chips

NJ
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
1 review
Save Topic
25k Sand Colored Chips

Finally saw some of these in action last week.

A guy at caesars was betting 4 at a time (4 hands one each hand) in blackjack.

The dealer dealt and was showing a ten.

So of course she checks and announces "Dealer has blackjack." as she flips up the Ace of Diamonds.

This guy didn't even flinch as she relieved him of 100k with a single sweeping motion.

Callicoon/Brooklyn...
Destination Expert
for Callicoon, Atlantic City
Level Contributor
5,373 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 25k Sand Colored Chips

I can be pretty calm and collected when I want to be hah! LOL

Bill

ny
Level Contributor
667 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 25k Sand Colored Chips

wow that sucks for him, but he probably won't even miss it. was that all he had on the table or did he have more chips in front of him...

i'm happy when i have a couple black chips.

melissa

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
951 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 25k Sand Colored Chips

Two possibilities I see here, either the guy has tons of money and won't miss the $100k he lost on this hand and will no doubt lose on others - hate those dealer 20s - or he was betting everything he had on 4 hands of poker, likely because the count was good (or he just felt "lucky").

With the current economy, I can see someone betting the house on one hand, but splitting it into four sounds unwise, to say the least.

I'm betting he didn't flinch because that much was no big deal to him. Still would've been interesting to watch the drama of the sand colored chips play out - I envy you that, C.

Meadow Lands...
Level Contributor
1,800 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 25k Sand Colored Chips

>>>>This guy didn't even flinch as she relieved him of 100k with a single sweeping motion.>>>>

I don't even know how to respond to this, but it's lovely writing, C-SRT8 :)

25K Sand Colored Chips. Dear me!

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
741 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 25k Sand Colored Chips

i used to go to vegas with a friend pat who was a billionaire. that's billionaire with a b. he would give everyone in the group tens of thousands to play with. when people went broke he would give them more. his trips would cost in the millions. he was not a player and would always joke how bad everyones luck was. i told him it was either bad luck or people were filling their socks up. he looked at me funny. i explained to him that some of the people he was handing 40 or 50k to had to work a whole year to make that amount of money. he didnt understand. he had no concept of money. he paid all his workers double or triple what they would make elsewhere. he had very little use for the advice of his accountants. he just liked to spread it around. if a tag along pocketed the cash that was cool. we hoped the money went to good use instead of blowing it at a craps table. with that said i have seen some horrificly big amounts won and lost at the tables. in later trips i suggested he give the tag alongs a smaller bankroll. he took the advice. i was not comfortable with seeing such large amounts pissed away by people who didnt really care about him. he was wondwerful to his workers and friends but people would come out of the woodwork for these trips.

NJ
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 25k Sand Colored Chips

I didn't stand and stare, but from what I saw at the time he had about 400 - 500k in Sand colored chips and perhaps another 100k or so in grey/orange.

I have little doubt that he could have signed a marker for many more stacks (500k) of sand if he wanted to.

One thing i'm wondering about now, is the High Limit Pit at Caesars S17 or H17?

ny
Level Contributor
1,909 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 25k Sand Colored Chips

i wonder what kind of comps he got, was this guy leonard tose jr.

Work, Beach or...
Level Contributor
2,811 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 25k Sand Colored Chips

fourfours - What does Pat look like? Where does he hang out? He sounds exactly like my next Sugar Daddy!!

LOL,

LuvBreezes

Sacramento...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: 25k Sand Colored Chips

At $25k per hand, the rules should be whatever the hell he wants them to be. I'd imagine he'd be playing the best rules in the house.

Which for Caesars might not be all that great, of course, I suppose!

If he were blowing it all on one big bet, I'd imagine he'd have taken insurance on it. It might be a sucker bet, but if I'm putting my last $100k on the table (haha... "last 100k"), I'd surely want to back it up in case something terrible happened.

In my experience, any time I make "one last big bet" on a Roulette table the zero comes up, and any time I make "one last big bet" playing Blackjack, either the dealer will have a blackjack, or I'll be dealt a pair of aces and have to decide if I can come up with the money to split 'em!

SE Pa
Level Contributor
575 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 25k Sand Colored Chips

wondering who the portrait is on the 25K, as I was looking up the other denominations and Augustus is on the 5K. Maybe it is Zeus?

Get answers to your questions about Atlantic City