We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harrahs Island Luau

Which Atlantic City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Middlesex, New...
Level Contributor
193 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Harrahs Island Luau

Has anybody been to the luau at the pool? I was just doing a little AC searching and came across this. The tickets are $50 person. Is it worth it? Thanks.

Work, Beach or...
Level Contributor
2,750 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harrahs Island Luau

I've never been to an event there, but the pool itself is awesome. Depending on what the $50 gets you, it might be a good time. They charge a cover to get in when the pool turns into a nightclub, and drinks there are not cheap. Yet people wait in line to get in - go figure! If you're getting admission to a party, food and at least some free drinks, it's probably well worth it. If you have any comps or a host, you might be able to use them to reduce the price.

Have fun,

LuvBreezes

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harrahs Island Luau

not much help,but i know i read at somepoint either a review or post on here about it, my impression was it was just ok? personally it sounds fun,but i think there was a comment in regards to shortages of the food or long lines or something to that effect. but hey ,for 50 bucks its probably worth it just for the party

Callicoon/Brooklyn...
Destination Expert
for Callicoon, Atlantic City
Level Contributor
5,344 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harrahs Island Luau

I've been there, comped tickets.

The pool is not open during this event and the Luau is held on the outdoor deck.

The Luau was fun, food good but I think $50.00 PP is too high. Not worth it.

See if you can get a comp ticket, they were pretty good at giving them out last year.

If you go, bring a jacket as it gets windy up there and gets chilly when the sun starts going down.

Enjoy!

Bill

Callicoon/Brooklyn...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,344 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harrahs Island Luau

BTW, if you go, sit near the stage and you could be picked to be part of the show.

The show is basically the Hula dancers, fire throwers that you see on TV with a Hawaiian theme.

Bill

PA
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Harrahs Island Luau

I went last year and they overbooked. IMHO it is not worth $50. See if you can get a comp.

Work, Beach or...
Level Contributor
2,750 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Harrahs Island Luau

I thought it was at the indoor pool? The event notice is listed under "The Pool", where the nightclub fees are shown, and they don't mention it being outdoors. It does say "Pool Deck", but from the way it's presented I would expect it to be held at the same pool with all the After Dark events it's listed along with. That's kinda sneaky.

Callicoon/Brooklyn...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,344 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Harrahs Island Luau

Luv,

The first year they had it at poolside, but there was too many obstructions with all of the palm trees and such, so they moved it outside to the pool deck. You still have to enter through the pool entrance, but you have to go up to the pool deck now.

I guess they want to draw you in by making you think you're in the pool.

Bill

Middlesex, New...
Level Contributor
193 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Harrahs Island Luau

Thanks for all your help. I think I'll try and get the price lowered somehow.:)

9. Re: Harrahs Island Luau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2009, 06:18