We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mini tr

Which Atlantic City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Mini tr

Arfter a slow start 4th of July weekend, things picked up on Monday night. I sat at the Wizard of OZ Machine and hit for $579 within the 1st 2 spins. I decided that since I had an overall bad weekend, I wouldn't press my luck and was just about to get up when the guy next to me started to tell me that he had won $500 in slot play in the drawing over the weekend. Unfortunately,he didn't care for slots and wanted to play Poker. He then handed me $300 in slot play and the voucher he had just removed from the machine and told me to enjoy it. Before I even had a chance to thank him he got up and off he went to play poker. I played the $300 and was able to parlay it into $400. Deciding not to press my luck anymore, I took by $979 and went to bed. All in all in turned out to be a not so bad of a weekend.

new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
8,566 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mini tr

Wow, nice winning mini Trip report. Was that You? j/k

United States
Level Contributor
18,090 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mini tr

Good job, Yakster, heading to bed. The wise thing to do!!!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
950 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Mini tr

Nice hit on WoZ, definite good fortune to be sitting next to the guy, AND you turned the $300 into $400 before having the good sense to turn in for the night. Are we sure this is Yakster who posted this? Oh, wait, it's Bill I'm thinking of, not Yakster. Tell him what do you expect of a woman who's about 75% Irish?

Seriously, tho, glad to hear you had some luck toward the end of your trip - that always helps!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
6,103 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mini tr

Sounds like July 6th is your lucky day. Mark that on your calender for next year.

Daytona Beach...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
3,539 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mini tr

What great luck to be sitting next to a guy who gives you his $300 slot play- and how nice for you to turn it into $400... nice hit on the WoO machine!

Long Island
Level Contributor
1,655 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mini tr

Don't you just love the kindness of strangers? Congrats on the nice hits and the self-control to leave while you were ahead.

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mini tr

great story about the slot voucher,hope it brought him some luck at the tables. wonder what was on his mind when just giving it to you,as sceptical of something for nothing as many of us im sure are,i bet he was thinking that even asking for a small amount of $ would have had you suspicious(i would have been) anyway sounds like you made some good decisions and wise selection of where to sit and play.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Mini tr

Wow, what good luck. I can't believe that guy just gave you 300.00 That was good luck in it's self!!! Congrats!!!

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mini tr

I was kind of surprised myself with the $300 and was just beginning to wonder what he wanted, when he got up, wished me luck and ran off. I was more thrilled with his generousity then my actual win.

Rockland County
Level Contributor
202 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Mini tr

Congrats on your win and luck. It makes you feel good knowing that there are still nice people in the world. One good turn deserves another, pay it forward!

BC