We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Funny AC shopping trip

Which Atlantic City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
8,561 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Funny AC shopping trip

Here’s a trip report of what not to buy from dollar stores along the Boardwalk:

redstaplerchronicles.com/the-ten-dumbest-thi…

New Jersey
Level Contributor
711 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Funny AC shopping trip

LMAO - that was great.

I do shop in the dollar store and dont buy any of those things for all the same reasons..

But I do laugh when i see people with those items in their cart...

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Funny AC shopping trip

pretty funny. a friend of mine on another message board told me the other day she was in line behing a pregnant woman buying condoms.

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
14,494 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Funny AC shopping trip

I have been tempted to buy a 99c Home Pregnancy Test as I am always curious how they managed to fit a rabbit in the box.

But seriously, Peanut World is not a 99c store or a dollar store. They are a discount store with bargains that I mentioned on this board before. I have been posting about Peanut World this past summer as they have been selling beach umbrellas rated 35SPF for $6 ~ which is below the $8 a day rental for a beach umbrella. There is a 99cent store in Central Pier. Even though there are painters fixing up and painting the frames of the exterior windows, it still looks shabby on the facade like Peanut World robbender.com/gallery/schiffs_pier/P6230902 and robbender.com/gallery/schiffs_pier/P6230828 and robbender.com/gallery/schiffs_pier/P6230859

BTW, if you scroll through these pics, you'll see some indoor features that are from the pier's original construction. Excerpt: "Schiff's Central Pier is one of the oldest buildings on the Atlantic City Boardwalk. The pier itself was built in the mid 1880's while the Art Deco pavilion was constructed in the late 1920's"

new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
8,561 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Funny AC shopping trip

I actually had good luck with one the items mentioned. About 2 years ago I forgot my electric razor, so I picked up a pack of throwaway razors and shaving cream at a Boardwalk 99c store. I think there were about 8 in the pack. I used a few and they were perfect! I gave the rest to a neighbor when I got home and they were fine with him too.

But I don’t think I would gamble with any of the other items listed. ☺

Lavallette, New...
Level Contributor
502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Funny AC shopping trip

The funniest thing (and most perishable) i ever saw in a dollar store was egg salad in a can. I couldn't imagine how long before botulism set in with something with mayo in it!

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Funny AC shopping trip

egg salad in a can!!!!!!!!!!!! thats priceless. id have bought a can just so i could show others that it actually exist.

Lavallette, New...
Level Contributor
502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Funny AC shopping trip

I actually did buy a can of it and gave it to my niece as a joke who loves the stuff. We had a good laugh over it and threw it out right away!

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Funny AC shopping trip

im laughing hard enough that my eyes are watering. i bet that stuff was so foul it would make a dog gag.

ALEXANDRIA
Level Contributor
5,271 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Funny AC shopping trip

Oooh I am hoping that you at least opened the can o' egg salad before tossing it!!

Who makes canned egg salad? Who BUYS canned egg salad? Who thinks this is an appropriate consumer product? OMG

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
14,494 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Funny AC shopping trip

I was wondering if the sea gulls would even eat it