We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Pre-Trip Trip Report

wash dc
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Topic
The Pre-Trip Trip Report

Hi everyone,

I'm going to AC next Tues through Thursday and I can't wait! Work has just been no fun recently,(I guess that's why they call it work haha), and I really need to get away even for just a couple of days.

I'm in customer service and spend a large part of my day listening to complaints and kissing butt. So, this trip is dedicated to fun and pampering! Plus it's probably my last trip before the hectic holiday season starts and I plan on making it a good one.

I will be at Caesars on Tuesday and the Borgata on Wednesday. Anyone around on those days? Has anyone eaten at the Japanese place at the borgata? The name escapes me at the moment. I plan to do a fair bit of gambling, walk the boardwalk, spa at Qua, eat well and just goof off. It's going to be glorious!

I'll let you all know how it goes. I just wanted to share my excitement with those who can relate.

Good luck to all and have a great weekend

Nancy

ALEXANDRIA
Level Contributor
5,271 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Pre-Trip Trip Report

I'm glad you're so excited! I hope you have a great trip!

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,155 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Pre-Trip Trip Report

I think the Japanese place is Izakaya, I cannot give an opinion on Izakaya as I just hop over the bridge to Yuki Hana in Brigantine. BTW, its BYOB

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g46327-d43…

Stafford, VA
Level Contributor
3,077 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The Pre-Trip Trip Report

I have eaten at Izakaya at least 5 times, love it. They have a sushi section on the menu, apps, robotyaki (spelled wrong I know) which is small servings of meat or veggies seasoned, skewered, and roasted on a charcoal grill, and regular asian main dishes too. I strongly suggest the Prawns, Kobe beef, sage chicken, and asparagus from the robotoyaki menu. YUM!!!!!!!

Have a great time far from the beltway!!!!

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Pre-Trip Trip Report

gotta love the excitment your giving off, wish i were going again that soon,ive still got to wait another month plus...

Newark, Delaware
Level Contributor
422 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Pre-Trip Trip Report

Nancy--I AM SOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!

Hope u have fun and good luck. I was hoping Mr Jerze and I would be down there for a few days (our anniversary)--but doesn't look like it right now. We are in the process of doing some house improvements to put it on the market--to downsize.

Again, have fun and good luck!

Sandy

Meadow Lands...
Level Contributor
1,814 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Pre-Trip Trip Report

Hey Nancy!

Let me join the others in wishing you well and saying I'm dead envious. We were supposed to be in AC right now, but plans just didn't work out. Our next trip to AC is Hallowe'en. Have a wonderful time, and drink a toast to all of us who are back home slogging away whilst you slip into a massage-induced coma!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: The Pre-Trip Trip Report

I hope you have a great trip to AC and also hope you hit a few jackpots

ENJOY !!!

Pa
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: The Pre-Trip Trip Report

Like Franky, we have eaten at Izakara about a half dozen times and love it We usually order several small plates. The crispy rock shrimp, kobe steak and edame dumplings are our favorites and we like the rice with the eggsas a side. Great Saki too. Have a gret trip.

wash dc
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: The Pre-Trip Trip Report

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Yes rship, Izakaya is the name--Thank you. I would try yuki hana but I plan on being too "relaxed" to drive anywhere. Besides, dbljoker and frankybarb made izakaya sound sooo yummy.

FineMind--Halloween is coming up quickly and I'm sure it will be worth the wait. In the meantime , I'll think of you all as I'm sipping my manhattan at the slot machine.

Will post a trip report when I return.

Nancy

10. Re: The Pre-Trip Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2010, 05:17