We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bally's Comp Room

Jersey
Level Contributor
147 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Bally's Comp Room

For the 1st time, I am taking advantage of a comped room offer at Bally's. I booked a Premium Room online but I am worried that I will end up in the Claridge Tower when I show up or will be slammed with add'l charges upon check in.

Where are the premium rooms located and in your experience, have you actually gotten the premium comp or were you downgraded upon check-in due to supposed full occupancy in those rooms?

Atlantic City/Vegas
Level Contributor
472 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bally's Comp Room

If you are are Diamond you won't get the Clairidge, if not then be prepared to argue.

ALEXANDRIA
Level Contributor
5,271 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bally's Comp Room

The premium rooms are in the Ballys tower. They do frequently put comp room reservations in other towers (depending on your tier level), but I wouldn't be scared of the Claridge. If your room is not acceptable call them as soon as you get there and ask for a change. "My room is not as flashy as I wanted" is not a reason but "something is dirty; something doesn't work; etc" will get you a new room.

You will be charged about $13 in taxes and fees upon check in. Otherwise there are no hidden charges.

Work, Beach or...
Level Contributor
2,811 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bally's Comp Room

I had a Diamond card and they tried to put me in the Claridge. I got them to compromise and stayed in the Dennis Tower instead. It was not 'that bad', for free it's hard to complain. That's the risk you take when booking comped rooms at Bally's - just read the numerous reviews by outraged guests complaining of this exact situation. If getting the wrong room type is going to make or break your trip, you should probably lower your expectations; this way you won't be too disappointed if you don't get the room you want. Try not to sweat the small stuff, and just have a great time!

Good luck,

LuvBreezes

ny
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bally's Comp Room

Go to Harrahs - we switched from Ballys and get the room we reserve and it has a better pool.

Stafford, VA
Level Contributor
3,077 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bally's Comp Room

I am diamond, and the last two trips to ballys I was dumped in a bad clarage room..... Never again...... I did very politely offer to wait for a room in another tower but no luck getting a better room.....

Jersey
Level Contributor
147 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bally's Comp Room

When you booked the comp room, did you book the "premium" room? I mean, did it say that specifically on your reservation? And, if so, what was their excuse for not giving you what you booked?

ALEXANDRIA
Level Contributor
5,271 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bally's Comp Room

Yes, we all booked the "premium" room and yes it specifically said that and yes, they still try to stick you in the Claridge. They don't give an excuse, they just tell you those rooms aren't available. Ballys is pretty notorious for not honoring the room that you've reserved if you've got a comp reservations. They are especially bad about this on the weekends.

SE Pa
Level Contributor
574 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bally's Comp Room

depending on the day of week and time of check in you may be alright. The first couple of times I stayed at each of the HET hotels (excluding SB) I was given what I had booked, premium or luxury rooms: Ballys Tower at Ballys, Bayview/Waterfront at Harrah's and Centurion at Caesars. But after the first few times, it seems like the accomodations went to hell, but then it may have something to do with my ADT and time of the year

Jersey
Level Contributor
147 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bally's Comp Room

Very interesting........Thanks for all the input. We are going on a Friday night so I will keep my expectations very low. (Boy, that is so sad!!)

Stafford, VA
Level Contributor
3,077 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bally's Comp Room

Yes I booked premium. I was told the same thing both times, sorry, that's just a reqest not a guarantee and it says that in writing on your reservation. And, like it or not, it is right there in writing and happens often. I have found two ways to deal with this. Either have a host that always blocks you rooms in the tower you want, or, stay at a property where it's no big deal if you get a lesser tower ( like Harrahs or Showboat IMO). I show my displeasure the only way I know how, I simply refuse to stay/gamble where I feel I was mistreated.

Get answers to your questions about Atlantic City