We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rang in the year with a winning visit

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Rang in the year with a winning visit

Happy New Year to all of my forum friends!

We started the year with a visit to Harrah's Chester today. Last trip a few weeks ago, I came out ahead $318. Today, I nearly matched that with a win of $310.

I started at Blackjack and won $250.

Moved on to 3-card poker and lost $100.

Back to BJ and won $125.

On to VP and won $35.

I also played a slot but just briefly killing some time and walked away exactly even.

I did learn one useful thing. I knew that the electronic BJ tables had a lousy rate for reward credits of $45 in per 1 credit earned. I wasn't sure about the electronic 3-card poker. I didn't know if they treated it like BJ or if they treated it like VP. I watched the counter while I played today and they do treat it like VP with $10 in per 1 credit earned, so that is nice.

Hopefully, this will be a good omen for the year to come. Good luck to all.

GardeniaPalm
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rang in the year with a winning visit

Congrats, Steve! I wish I could have said the same... unfortunately I came out a loser this past Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Next time I'll win! ;)

Benezette...
Level Contributor
5,267 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rang in the year with a winning visit

DSteve, Congrats on starting the New Year out right.

I should have locked myself in my room today. I did so well last year on the reservation, I never dreamed I would get scalped the first day of the Year (and it only took 4 hours. OUCH!!!!)

I have officially grounded myself until my tax return comes. (do I sound convincing?)

Benny

Newark, Delaware
Level Contributor
422 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rang in the year with a winning visit

Congrats Steve!!! Way to start off the new year!!!

We were there last night and I couldn't win for trying.

Congrats!

Sandy

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rang in the year with a winning visit

Benny, I thought of you when I sat down at the slot. I play a 25-cent IGT Triple Double Star machine when I'm at Chester. As I said, I played very briefly today, literally less than 10 minutes, but I've played it a lot more on previous trips.

Bordentown
Level Contributor
133 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rang in the year with a winning visit

Great start to the year Steve! Our host told us that the tables will be introduced at Chester in a couple months. Do you think you'll still play the electronic BJ games then? They plan to keep a few in play. Also, you previously mentioned you play VP in the high limit area. Can you refresh my memory on the machine you like? We went there last Wed. and I did manage to get a Royal on a JOB 8/5 game. Seems like I do get more playing time at Chester than in AC lately. Good luck in 2010.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,664 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rang in the year with a winning visit

Me too - I stayed home!

Seriously, though, congrats to Disney and keep 'em coming in the new year, everyone!

Bests, ACM

new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
8,750 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rang in the year with a winning visit

Here’s a funny video clip of a previous winner in AC. I guess this wasn’t Steve, but Benny might like to dream about it?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc6tMcCfwzs

Cheers to all!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rang in the year with a winning visit

MrMar - Good question. I've been wondering if they would keep the electronic tables. I'll probably do a little of both. I'm not opposed to live tables at all. I play them regularly in AC, but I also like the electronic ones and tend to do better at them for some reason. I would suspect that they'll keep the low limit electronic tables and have higher minimums at the live tables, so maybe all $5 electronic and $10 and up at live.

What I like about the electronic tables is that it is easy to pop in and out. I have played as little as one hand when passing by an electronic table (put in $100 and got a blackjack actually). It is also psychologically easier to cash out and walk away when you are ahead. Play continues for everyone else uninterrupted. The dealer doesn't have to stop to cash you out.

I've said many times, I wish AC would put in the electronic tables. I think it would be good for business.

Bordentown
Level Contributor
133 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rang in the year with a winning visit

Steve,

I agree with your approach on the electronic games. I have a friend who does very well playing them - he has a little betting system and just tries to get up a few units and then cashes out. He goes to Philly Park (only 20 minutes away) and says sometimes he's only there about 20 minutes and is on his way home!

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rang in the year with a winning visit

congrats on starting the new year off right.

today was the 1st time ive logged onto het web page, sort of a bummer seeing my tier score is zero.