We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

harrah's viking cooking school

baltimore, ,md
Level Contributor
327 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
harrah's viking cooking school

has anyone attended one of the new cooking classes at harrah's. my wife has expressed interest in going. which is good for me because i'm always up for a trip to ac.

Atlantic City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: harrah's viking cooking school

So is Harrah's Viking cooking school a school or a restaurant?

CT
Level Contributor
2,212 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: harrah's viking cooking school

OK, I admit I was so intrigued by the "harrah's viking cooking school" I had to check this out.

I have some questions as I have not been invited to this.

WHERE are they teaching this? And, what is viking cooking? Is it a type of cuisine? Do you have to dress like a Viking to attend the class? Or am I totally missing the point and it is a cooking class taught on all Viking appliances?

Personally, I think it would be highly entertaining if it was a class modeled after a medieval "renaissance" faire teaching specific techniques like how not to burn a whole pig on a spit, and attendees must dress in Viking attire & use the appropriate weapons/tools in the class. I would pay big bucks to watch DblJoker, BillHarley & Moneywho attend this class at the same time.

Pa
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: harrah's viking cooking school

Aquarius,

How much would you pay to see Dbljoker, Bill Harley and Moneywho attend this class wearing Speedos ??? I'm all in ! ( But you have to wear your catholic school girl uniform when you watch us )

stanhope
Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: harrah's viking cooking school

Viking is a brand of kitchenware, ovens, refrigerators etc. Your pretty funny if you want to dress like a viking!

ny
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: harrah's viking cooking school

Saw a class last time we were there - 2 chefs and 2 tables of students if I recall I think they make a full course meal - its all glass enclosed so people stand and gawk. Looked more novelty than real to me. There is a high end cooking store attached. I would look b4 you buy.

CT
Level Contributor
2,212 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: harrah's viking cooking school

Dbljoker,

I would pay nothing for that. Only Viking uniforms. Since we are in a specific time period (Vikings) which occured way before the Catholic schoolgirls & their uniforms, I will wear the traditional long viking gown a la Helga in the comics. I'm sure you guys will enjoy that. Probably why the

vikings lasted as long as they did.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
564 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: harrah's viking cooking school

We attended the Viking cooking class yesterday - it was a lot of fun! We were supposed to hang out at the pool, but couldnt get in (another story for another post)... so we decided to go somewhere for lunch, passed by the Viking store, went in and inquired and decided to cook our own lunch!

We took the Tuscany class for $65 each. There were 8 pple in the class, so they put us into 2 groups of 4. Each group prepared a batch of Tomato Soup, cheese crisps, and Risotto. We all took turns either chopping vegetables, and mixing ingredients at the stove, etc... The 2 chefs working with us were very nice and answered a lot of questions. The chefs are all Harrah's chefs (not Viking employees)

Once we were done cooking, they seat everyone at a dining table, and serve red/white wine with our food while everyone chats it up.

We had a lot of fun with it, especially since we were planning to eat lunch at that time anyways! They give the participants a 10% discount in their attached cookware store as well.

Lynbrook, NY
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: harrah's viking cooking school

I went this weekend to the seafood grilling class. My wife bought me the mediterreanean class for Father's Day at the Viking school near us so we figured we'd do one together. It was fun. Felt like we stepped into a Food Network kitchen. All the ingredients in front of us and we had an audience of onlookers. If you like food or cooking I recommend it.

Philadelphia...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: harrah's viking cooking school

The Chef for my recent cooking class was Chef Gary. He was informative and very nice. We made roasted lamb chops, salad and chocolate soufle.

The class dined on what we made in a attracrive dining room, was served wine and we loved every minute we were there.

I am looking forward to my next class.

Dee

10. Re: harrah's viking cooking school

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 July 2010, 15:35
Get answers to your questions about Atlantic City
Recent Conversations