We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keep your fingers crossed the weather holds out....

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
6,160 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Keep your fingers crossed the weather holds out....

I just saw the local weather on channel 40 and there's a low pressure system that has stalled off the coast. Its been sending waves of light rain in the area since a little after 1 PM. The weather man who is usually pretty good doesn't see it moving out until Wednesday afternoon when a high pressure front moves across the area. On top of that with the phase of the moon there will be minor coastel flooding from about 7-11 each morning and evening thru at least Tuesday night.

With all that, I'm concerned about the air show for the first time since its been here. I don't think they fly even in a light rain and because of other obligations there is no rain date. So everybody keep an eye on the news and weather before traveling a long distance if you're coming just for the air show.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
6,160 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Keep your fingers crossed the weather holds out....

DopplerBob, do you have any thoughts on this?

Edited: 23 August 2010, 23:51
South Pole
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Keep your fingers crossed the weather holds out....

Yes I have a few thoughts, but I can't say them here or my post will get deleted..lol

However, the way it looks to me is the low has made some progress to the east today! Maybe less than 50 miles, but another 50 more and it will be far enough east where the wrap around will also move east and it will only rain as far down as maybe LBI. I am watching it very close but right now I say we will be ok!

Bob

Edited: 24 August 2010, 00:00
stanhope
Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Keep your fingers crossed the weather holds out....

If they cant pratice on Tuesday do they still have it on Wednesday. First time going and I hope it dont rain!

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,145 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Keep your fingers crossed the weather holds out....

I recall one year there was thunder [not from the ThunderBirds] & it rained for around 10~20 minutes. There was some cancellations of biplane stunt flying, but the major attractions stayed on schedule. The show must go on, rain or shine.

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,145 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Keep your fingers crossed the weather holds out....

The practice was cancelled today pressofatlanticcity.com/news/breaking/articl…

: (

Edited: 24 August 2010, 19:15
Lavallette, New...
Level Contributor
502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Keep your fingers crossed the weather holds out....

I hope the weather does clear up for tomorrow. Have been going for the past 3 years. Will wait to see what the weather is like in the morning if we'll take a ride down or not.

Philly
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Keep your fingers crossed the weather holds out....

Geesh. Coming down Thursday and Friday night. Thought I might catch a nice hot late summer day, but looks like it's going to feel like early fall. No complaints here though....

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,145 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Keep your fingers crossed the weather holds out....

Gosh, it's dismal here in AC. On the way here, iIt was not raining until we got past Absecon. The rain did stop. I walked from Irish Pub, but the boardwalk was wet & so were the streets, but the rain had stopped

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
6,160 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Keep your fingers crossed the weather holds out....

I just checked outside, I'm 10 miles west of AC, and it's overcast but the cloud cover is not as thick as yesterday allowing some shades of blue to be seen. It still feels damp but no rain or mist at this time and it's a bit chilly.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
6,160 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Keep your fingers crossed the weather holds out....

I'm on the beach in front of the Hilton, it's cloudy, breezy and cool but it's dry and good visibility.

Get answers to your questions about Atlantic City
Recent Conversations