We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anywhere to snow ski near atlantic city

Florida
Level Contributor
376 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
anywhere to snow ski near atlantic city

I am going to atlantic city in mid december. are there any ski resorts within driving distance that will be open? thanks

1. Re: anywhere to snow ski near atlantic city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 24 October 2010, 16:20
pa
Level Contributor
3,301 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anywhere to snow ski near atlantic city

Quite a few in the Poconos.

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,930 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anywhere to snow ski near atlantic city

There are three ski areas in northern New Jersey but don't know how the snow conditions will be in mid December:

funnewjersey.com/upload_user/Outdoor_Adventu…

And as mentioned above, the Poconos in Eastern PA have lots of places, but again that early the conditions might not be good.

GMM
Hudson, New York
Level Contributor
714 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: anywhere to snow ski near atlantic city

Hunter Mountain is usually open by then. It is probably 5 hours away by car.

http://www.huntermtn.com/

Manchester ct
Level Contributor
624 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: anywhere to snow ski near atlantic city

Save your money for Vt or Nh to ski. This is coming from someone who loves to ski. They have some nice small Mt in PA but way to early to go in Mid Dec

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,155 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: anywhere to snow ski near atlantic city

Here is a site to view the ski conditions for the Poconos …onthesnow.com/media/…Pennsylvania.html You can make a decision as the date nears

pa
Level Contributor
3,301 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: anywhere to snow ski near atlantic city

Should be Great sking in the Poconos in mid Dec.(all depends on weather).

Big Boulder and Jack Frost Mts. try to open by Thanskgiving if the weather permits snowmaking.

Lovely Mts. to Ski on.

Probally only 2-21/2 hrs from A/C.

Florida
Level Contributor
376 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: anywhere to snow ski near atlantic city

Thanks so the poconos is only 2.5 hours? I appreciate all the replies.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
6,169 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: anywhere to snow ski near atlantic city

The closest major ski resort in the poconos is blue mountain which is 2.5 hours on a good day the other resorts are more in the 3 to 3.5 hour drive times. Weather will be a major factor as these places need to make snow and the number of open slopes will depend on how cold it's been. Blue mountain is a decent resort if you want to keep your drive time lower.

Edited: 24 October 2010, 17:55
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
6,169 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: anywhere to snow ski near atlantic city

I'm going to age myself again a little but there used to be a very small ski resort about 45 minutes from AC called Ski Mountain in Pine Hill, NJ. Its where I learned to ski back in the late 60's. It closed sometime in either the late 70's or early 80's. It was only about 200 feet high and had three slopes that they had trouble keeping snow on because the weather in South Jersey is just a little too warm. I think insurance rates also contributed to its closing. I used to have a season pass and would drive there several times a week after work. For the distance it was great but the skiing really wasn't the best, but it was good for keeping you legs in skiing shape.