We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diff between WC Club room vs Borgata classic room?

Which Atlantic City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
169 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Diff between WC Club room vs Borgata classic room?

I'm trying to get a feel for the difference between the Water Club Club room v/s the Borgata Classic room. Ive stayed in the classic numerous times, very nice. But there is only a $20 diff in price for the Water Club side. Trying to decide if it will be worth it.

Thanks!!

NY
Level Contributor
926 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diff between WC Club room vs Borgata classic room?

The WC has a more updated, modern decor. It also has flat screens in all rooms.

WC also has a mini bar. But if you remove something you get charged automatically. You also would have access to WC pools.

Edited: 28 October 2010, 22:05
new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
8,565 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diff between WC Club room vs Borgata classic room?

The regular Borg rooms have a coffee pot & empty fridge. No coffee pot in the WC, and the WC fridge is packed with overpriced drinks. Move it & you bought it. But the WC has that other big seller, “passion kits.”

usatoday.com/travel/hotels/2008-09-15-water-…

NY, NY
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Diff between WC Club room vs Borgata classic room?

The WC's rooms have a more sophisticated feeling. Everything is done in turqoise and dark brown. It feels somewhat sleek and modern. The rooms (at least the ones with king beds) usually have a chaise giving it a lounge feeling. The Borgata rooms have a lighter feel with the light maple colored furniture and the white sheets on the bed.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Diff between WC Club room vs Borgata classic room?

We just returned from AC and spent 2 nights in the WC and one night in the regular tower rooms.

I personally like both towers. There are things about the WC I do not like and things about the regular tower rooms I do not like.

The WC is much more quiet I think.

The WC rooms are smaller then the classic rooms at the Borgata tower.

The bathrooms in the WC have very dim lighting I think. I always find it hard to see in the bathrooms at the WC for putting on makeup.

Much brighter lights in the bathrooms in the Borg tower rooms.

Love the flat screen tv in the WC room compared to the smaller and older tv in the classic rooms at the Borg tower

love the coffee pot in the Borg tower rooms compared to NONE in the WC

Of course with the WC being newer everything over there is much more up dated.

My husband just loves the WC tower so much more and I like both towers and enjoy staying in either tower.

Work, Beach or...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Diff between WC Club room vs Borgata classic room?

Since you are already familiar with the regular Borgata rooms, I think it's worth the $20 to try out the WC and see what you are (or are not) missing. You might even get a host to remove the upgrade charge based on your level of play. IMO, the Water Club is a little nicer than the Borgata, but that could just be my perception -- or the prestige of staying there. That said, the Borgata rooms are much more accessible, so if you are trying to minimize walking, you might want to skip it.

Good luck, LuvBreezes

Poughkeepsie, New...
Level Contributor
98 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Diff between WC Club room vs Borgata classic room?

Your name will be displayed on the flat panel TV in the room.

You will get complimentary bottles of water when leaving via the WC valet.

I find the TV schedule menu in the WC TVs a bit hard to navigate, as opposed to no schedule in the 'regular' rooms. The shower in the WC has a 'water fall' or some such shower head, which I like.

As was said before; for $20, give it a shot.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
169 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Diff between WC Club room vs Borgata classic room?

I decided to try the WC, but I am bumming about the no coffee pot!!

Does WC have its own parking garage?

Thanks!

Pa
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Diff between WC Club room vs Borgata classic room?

The WC does not have a self park garage, you must use the Borgata garage or surface parking lot if you wish to self park.

They do have their own valet garage, $10 per day, free if you are BL or Titanium.

Chester County's...
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Diff between WC Club room vs Borgata classic room?

I'm a lowly red card at Borgata, and I always valet park at WC when I'm lucky enough to get that tower comped. I've always paid $5, same as when I'm staying at the Borgata.

I've stayed at WC the last three times I've been at Borgata (once a month the past three months). I LOVE the decor at WC, but I've decided the lack of a coffee pot will make me stay at Borgata from now on. There's not much difference in the views, which is the other important element for me.

Another factor: I like to get a mani/pedi when in AC, and though there's a spa at WC, there are no salon services there. So if you stay at WC you have to schlep over to the Borgata tower for any salon (as opposed to spa) services.

10. Re: Diff between WC Club room vs Borgata classic room?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2011, 05:16