We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife for older couple in AC?

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Nightlife for older couple in AC?

Hi folks,

My wife and I are visiting AC for one week in March for our anniversary. We're in our 30s and we're looking for some dinner/dancing. Did some research online and a lot of these places look like the Jersey Shore hook-up crowd (e.g. Harrah's Pool After Dark).

Any recommendations for venues skewing to a slightly older crowd?

Thanks!

Stafford, VA
Level Contributor
3,077 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife for older couple in AC?

Eden Lounge Harrahs!

Lavallette, New...
Level Contributor
502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife for older couple in AC?

Have to second the Eden lounge at Harrahs. You will be the youngest ones there!!!

new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
8,807 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife for older couple in AC?

If you go on Fri or Sat, you might want to try Boogie Nights at Resorts:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29750-i78-k332543…

If you enjoy a good selection of brews, there is also weekend entertainment & dancing at Firewaters in the Trop. I’ve seen folk around your age having a good time there.

New York, NY
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
5,833 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightlife for older couple in AC?

you're in your 30s and you're an "older couple?"

did they lower social security eligibility to 45 and i somehow missed it?

i agree with easydave... boogie nights has the crowd you're looking for. but, honestly, quite a few of the "pool" crowd at harrah's and the dusk crowd at caesars are also in their thirties.

OK, i'm going to toddle off now and listen to those LPs i have of paul mccartney in that band he was in before "wings."

timonium
Level Contributor
680 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Nightlife for older couple in AC?

I thought I might have some input when I saw older couple but you are a youngster. I only have advice for other visitors who are in their 70's like us.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nightlife for older couple in AC?

So if you're "older", I guess that makes those of us in our 40's...what?...2 years older than dirt? Just kidding...but I'm sure many of us here on this board WISH we were still in our 30's! I hope you have a great time, wherever you decide to go!

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,145 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nightlife for older couple in AC?

>> are visiting AC for one week<< So we need to offer weeknight activities too. This one will be challenging. Tropicana lounge [not Rumba] partially jutting into The Quarter offers live entertainment Thursday ~ Sunday nights and there is no cover charge. tropicana.net/Atlantic-City-nightlife/lounge…

new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
8,807 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nightlife for older couple in AC?

I second rship for the Trop Tango Lounge as another Thurs to Sunday choice. Another Trop place, [for older youngsters!], is Ri~Ra, also with music & dancing Thurs- Sat.

www.rira.com/index.php?id=13#/live/

Whatever you do, have a Happy Anniversary! Let us know what you find best—or not.

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
421 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nightlife for older couple in AC?

Gee, MrAdventure, at your age, I think bingo and shuffleboard may be your only safe options! (have a fun trip)!

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nightlife for older couple in AC?

Meant it as "older than the average club goer." I thought the Jersey Shore reference would have explained that. Didn't mean any disrespect to my "elders"!

Just don't want to be involved with the 18-24 demographic, which AC is shooting for these days. Anything 25-34 (or older) will work.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions, we'll look into it!

Get answers to your questions about Atlantic City
Recent Conversations