We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's happended to Tony, the boardwalk dancer?

Newport News
Level Contributor
634 posts
Save Topic
What's happended to Tony, the boardwalk dancer?

I haven't seen Tony, the old guy used to dance on the boardwalk near Trump Plaza for the last two years. I just came cross quite a few youtube videoes of him:

www.youtube.com/watch…

Sorry, don't know how to make the youtube link active. Does anyone know what happend to him?

New Orleans...
9 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: What's happended to Tony, the boardwalk dancer?

If anyone has seen Tony the Atlantic City boardwalk dancer , please reply. I have not seen Tony for about 7 months and I am very concerned about him. I hope he is ok.

Thank you

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: What's happended to Tony, the boardwalk dancer?

More FYI:

Years ago they did have permits and auditions then they stopped them. I went to city hall many years ago to get a permit and was told then that they had stopped it due to a law suit. They still kept the 12/15 spaces allotted though.

The problem was that it became dangerous to perform on the Boardwalk. It was bad enough during the day and unless you grouped together playing at night was a fools errand. The money was surprisingly good but it just became to risky.

Now I have a small production studio in Nashville, TN but still miss the fun of busking on the Boardwalk.

New Orleans...
9 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: What's happended to Tony, the boardwalk dancer?

Thank you for replying to this post.

New Orleans...
9 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: What's happended to Tony, the boardwalk dancer?

Thank you for replying to this post.

Edited: 24 November 2013, 02:57
15. Re: What's happended to Tony, the boardwalk dancer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Atlantic City