We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bachelor Party Advice - Never Been to AC

Houston, Texas
4 posts
Save Topic
Bachelor Party Advice - Never Been to AC

Serving as the best man for my brother's bachelor party. Should have about 6-8 guests total. Bachelor and most of his friends are roughly 27 and 28 years old. Planning to go over Memorial Day weekend in September. In Thursday, out on Sunday.

Any advice on:

- Where should we stay and why? Good pool, boardwalk access, nightlife, good crowd, vibe, etc.

- Where to party at night? All from New Orleans as our home, so we do like to drink.

- Been to Vegas too many times to count. How does AC stack up against Vegas? Will the bachelor be dissappointed?

And any other relevant advice would be most appreciated. Most of these guys are on a budget, so I'm trying to put something together that will be fun and memorable, but not break their banks.

new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
8,807 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bachelor Party Advice - Never Been to AC

Wow, a lot of questions for a 1st post. Best I can think of right now is suggest you look at some previous discussions about your topic.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29750-i78-k440165…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29750-i78-k489503…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29750-i78-k517443…

Use the forum “search” box above here for additional thoughts and information about AC or where to get your vibe on.

>>>Will the bachelor be dissappointed?<<< That’s the ultimate question for many a poor boy! A bachelor party doesn’t even make that list after a while;-)))

Good Luck

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bachelor Party Advice - Never Been to AC

My husband was 26 when he had his bachelor party in ac two years ago. It was a group of about 11 guys between the ages of 26 and 29. They stayed at Harrah's but spent time at the Boardwalk. They went to the Borgata for the nightclubs (I believe they have the best club in AC along with the Pool at Harrah's). The Pool at Harrah's is the best in AC for those over 21. Harrah's has shuttles to their sister properties on the boardwalk (but a cab split between four is cheap anyway). There is also the Jitney. Ceasar's had a great beach bar the last time we were there. The guys all went for two nights. On the Saturday they went deep sea fishing and had a blast. I believe some of them went golfing on Sunday, also. The fishing trip wasn't too expensive split between all of them. Some of them were really hungover and didn't make it to the boat, though! My husband said he had the greatest bachelor party and they all still laugh about it. However, I doubt AC can compare to Vegas. The most important thing is the group you are with, though.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bachelor Party Advice - Never Been to AC

Atlantic City is not comparable to Vegas. I like AC a lot, but if you've all been to Vegas many times and you're expecting AC to be an East Coast version of Vegas, you will very likely be disappointed. The scale of everything in Atlantic City is much smaller than it is in Vegas.

If you judge AC on its own merits, it's a lot of fun.

For a place to stay, I recommend Caesars. It has a great location at the center of the boardwalk, nice rooms, and a fun vibe.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bachelor Party Advice - Never Been to AC

PS - they all did those handcart taxi's on the Boardwalk. Pictures were pretty hilarious. If they hadn't stayed at Harrah's, they would've probably stayed at Caesars.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
3,461 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bachelor Party Advice - Never Been to AC

Lauren1217 is right on. AC isn't in the same league as Vegas. If I were you, I would check prices on Vegas. Im betting you may be able to book it for a few more bucks than AC and you'll have a much better time.

Edited: 13 March 2012, 01:02
new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
8,807 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bachelor Party Advice - Never Been to AC

I fully agree with nickib983, the most important thing is not the place as much as who you are with. Same as at any party, meal or . . . . . .!

PA
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bachelor Party Advice - Never Been to AC

Memorial Day Weekend will be very expensive in AC.

new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
8,807 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bachelor Party Advice - Never Been to AC

Yes, Memorial Day Weekend is one of the busiest times along the entire Jersey shore, absolutely one of the most expensive in AC.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bachelor Party Advice - Never Been to AC

Where do you play in Vegas? If Bellagio or one of Caesars properties, you can probably get a deal for Memorial weekend at a sister hotel in AC. We play at Harrah's AC and got comped Labor Day weekend in Caesars Palace in Vegas this year.

Houston, Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bachelor Party Advice - Never Been to AC

Sorry, meant to say Labor Day weekend in September, not Memorial Day.

So I have done a fair amount of research on this site and read many reviews about the city and other bachelor party experiences. I'm looking for some specifics as told by folks who either live there or traveled there and experienced it firsthand.

- We love the pool scene at the Flamingo in Vegas. Who in AC has a great day time party pool?

- We can find our way when it comes to food. No need for anything fancy there. Would spend the money on booze and entertainment.

- What is the beach like? White/Brown/Dirty sand? Cold water in late August early September? My brother is used to what he has seen in Destin, so I just want to make sure what we are getting ourselves into. I assume the beach area is one giant party on Labor Day weekend?

- Great nightlife vibe? Would love a recommendation on club scene and one bar scene. Also recommendations on place to spend a few hours day or night on the boardwalk area.

- Supposedely Harrah's and Borgata are great to stay. Would you recommend staying up there and cabbing it to the boardwalk/beach area or would you say stay perhaps at Caesars in order to be close to the boardwalk?

- We tend to play most at Harrah's properties since we are from New Orleans and spend time at the Harrah's location there. Definitely will try to work a deal on comps.

Thank you in advance for the responses. Candid advice is one thing I truly love about this website. When I ask coworkers and others about AC, they all respond with, "I thought AC was the poor man's Vegas"....but have no hard experience to base that on. I'm trying to determine why they say that. AC looks like a great place spend a bachelor party.

Get answers to your questions about Atlantic City
Recent Conversations