I apologize - ask me about Disney in Florida, St. Louis or Vegas & I will be the one handing out advice! But I have never been to AC - closest is Washington DC!!! So I have a few questions & I am sure I will have more!
This morning I won one of the Total Escape 2 night trips to Atlantic City. I figured I would take my mom (degenerate gambler at about a nickel at a time.....) but my husband is telling me he would like to go. He has until Monday to decide since I have to get those affi's back.
The trip includes 2 nights at Harrah's Atlantic City. I am trying to read reviews on it on TA but also uploading photos from my Vegas trip at the same time so it isn't going too quickly. Although the overall reviews look very good for the prop itself. Evidently from a previous winner who has received the info, they fly you into Philly - so I will probably rent a car.
But do some of my AC friends have other helpful info?
1. Fav restaurants at Harrah's or in that area - if not at Harrah's which casino is it at? (Or a must-do restaurant just for AC itself).
2. Are drinks free while slot playing like in Vegas or do you pay? (I see comments that they have on-screen ordering).
3. Same question for VP at bartops - are drinks free?
4. Are there any good restaurant.com selections in that area that I should pick up? (I'll watch groupon too).
5. Any other things in the immediate close area that warrant taking a couple hours in the afternoon to go to? If we have a car, driving out a short way isn't an issue.
6. Is there any line cutting for Platinum or do they cater only to Diamond like St. Louis does? (At both check-in and at restaurants.)
7. I believe there is a taxi cap in AC so it shouldn't be too expensive to go from Harrah's to the Boardwalk area - but how do you 'get around" - do you drive over to the Boardwalk or what?
8. And if mom does go instead of DH does the concierge in AC rent scooters like they do in LV?
Going to try to do an early morning flight & return later in the day on return day so we can at least get two full days. If not, I'll see if they will book the flight one later day out & I can probably get a comp at Harrah's for one more night myself on my card. And since we will probably try to wrap into one of the few weekends my DH gets off, I don't know if it will be fall or summer - so not sure if Boardwalk will be open or not.