We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantic Club vs Courtyard

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Atlantic Club vs Courtyard

My husband and I are coming for Orion music festival in June. Having read lots of scary stuff about Atlantic City safety issues finding the safest (though not outrageously expensive) hotel became my number one priority. No interest in gambling whatsoever. So I'm down to Atlantic Club/Hilton and Courtyard. The first one is 756$ and Courtyard is 706$ (tax incl). Which do you think I should choose? Any other suggestions? The dates are June 22-25. I'm also concerned about our camera, as it is and looks expensive. Is it safe to wander with it in plain sigh? I'm not even considering after dark and surely within Boardwalk. Is it safe to leave such valuables in a hotel room or even in safe?

Thanks!

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantic Club vs Courtyard

Consider Chelsea, or even Revel Atlatnic city which is more of a Resort. Those are both spots, The beach is almost done in front of Revel from a major resto project and will be one of the best spots if you like that, Surf bar next door with Showboat.

I can assure you that you won't be accosted the moment you step out lol. Its a tourist zone filled with other travelers all but silly hours of the night.

Edited: 17 April 2012, 23:03
Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
14,778 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantic Club vs Courtyard

Of the two, I suggest Atlantic Club. It is on the boardwalk and beachfront. It has a wide beach. It has a beachbar. And FREE parking [at least at the time of this post]. It is closer to Bader Field [I'm guessing this is where it's at]. It has an indoor pool for rainy days and the ocean wont be that warm in June. And just in case you want to gamble, it's in the hotel.

Wherever you choose, book soon, as the date nears, the prices will rise

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
14,778 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantic Club vs Courtyard

Ps. I'm going to guess that you wont be the only ones with expensive looking cameras. You'll most likely be surrounded by people with expensive cameras

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlantic Club vs Courtyard

well ... 756$ and 706$ (tax incl) are for 3 nights so I guess Revel is not an option.

PA
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlantic Club vs Courtyard

Stay at the Atlantic Club, the rooms will be nicer. You will have more choices to dine and also have 24 hour room service.

London, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlantic Club vs Courtyard

Just don't wear the diamonds down Atlantic Ave and you will be fine. I am sure living in Moscow you know all about this stuff. The Hilton is great, it will have much more to offer than the Courtyard.

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
206 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Atlantic Club vs Courtyard

Add me for favoring the Atlantic Club. I have found the people there to be universally helpful and kind

New York
Level Contributor
364 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Atlantic Club vs Courtyard

I go with the Atlantic Club also, and while Atlantic City is like most cities with it's share of crime, I t hink you are going to be pleasantly surprised and you may actually have a very nice visit to this beach area...R4W

Atlantic City
Level Contributor
548 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Atlantic Club vs Courtyard

Atlantic Club. You'll be able to walk to show, street will be closed to traffic, there will be 100's of police on your walk to show and near hotel and boardwalk. You'll feel very safe. Book now, trust me.

Moorestown, New...
Level Contributor
2,541 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Atlantic Club vs Courtyard

I make the Atlantic Club my home base when staying in A.C. It draws an older more mature crowd. Most problems are caused by younger people and often alcohol is involved.

The boardwalk area is safe in my opinion.It is heavily patrolled by the police.

The only time I would hesitate to walk on it is very late at night as there are few people on it.

I often bring an expensive camera with me. A Sony A 550 and feel safe. I think you will enjoy taking pictures when in A.C.Some night time boardwalk shots can be very nice. The room safe is rather small. It will fit a DSLR camera but not a big telephoto lens. If I am leaving valuables in the room leaving the Do Not Disturb sign on the door will keep housekeeping out of your room,and make it look occupied to others.

I don't know how to say this with out seeming rude but hear goes......

I am familiar with Russian culture and how the woman want to look pretty and sexy. Maybe a lot more pretty and sexy than American woman. Atlantic City has something of a prostitution problem. You may want to tone down your clothing choices or you may be mistaken for someone you are not.