We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip report 4/14 to 4/15

Which Atlantic City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
464 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
trip report 4/14 to 4/15

will post as a reply

New York
Level Contributor
464 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip report 4/14 to 4/15

Went to Borgata saturday night. Must have stayed in one of the renovated rooms. It was in gray tones. Had a flat screen that was HD. Watching a James Bond movie I noticed it had to be 3D also, very cool. Room very clean and bed comfortable with nice flat pillows. We went with another couple who are great friends.

View of the far away ocean and Revel. As we drove up saturday, Revel looked very surreal. All the other hotels looked real but Revel looked out of this world. It reminded me of the monolith in 2001. From the room the ball at the top looked so small, the hotel most be huge.

Mostly play poker but recently I have started loving the slots. And this is someone who never would go near a slot machine. I got hooked on vegas roadtrip last couple of trips. I just like the music.

Played monopoly for the first time, Got a spin and won 75 bucks, don't know how or why. Played buffalo, another recent favorite and didn't realize there are so many different kinds. The one that paid out the most was the oldest type and was in the smoking area, I don't smoke, but put up with it as long as i was winning. Played kenny rogers and did good every time. Played till I got the bonus and kept getting straight flushes and would cash out.

Before we left sunday night played a $1 top dollar because of other reviews. For 6 bucks you got 2 reels to spin. Put a twenty in and won a little. When I was down to my last 6 bucks I got the top dollar in third position on the first reel. I had to read the instructions. The machine tells you if it is a good deal or not. I was offered 25 and then 35 twice so I left it up to the last offer and I think it was for 75 so I cashed in and went to pack.

That machine is fun to play.

Saturday night after dinner, my wife and her friend played slots while the husbands drank B@B and played everything else. Did good at 3 card, got 3 flushes in a short time. We went to the craps table to donate like we always do.

We finally had 2 good rolls back to back. His roll was really long. At one point he hit 3 hard tens. One guy to the left of my friend was betting 2 hands at once with stacks of 100s in each, We left to take up residence in the poker room.

We sat at a 1/2 no limit and all the people at our end of the table were great guys. We were drinking and telling stories the whole time. The dealer had to get our attention a couple of times to keep the game rolling but poker was secondary while we were BS ing. And our end of the table did most of the winning. It broke up at 5 in the morning

Once again the Borgata is the best in AC. If you picked up the whole complex and air lifted it to Las Vegas it would fit in perfectly there as one of the top hotels in Vegas. I don't think you can do that with any other AC hotel {exclude Revel because I haven't seen it}.

Edited: 18 April 2012, 04:15
pa
Level Contributor
3,301 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip report 4/14 to 4/15

Nice TR.Thanks.

Yes Borgata is STILL the Best A/C has,Revel or no Revel!!!

Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
219 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: trip report 4/14 to 4/15

AcesFull- thanks for the nice words. Glad you enjoyed your visit!

New York
Level Contributor
464 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trip report 4/14 to 4/15

sunday about 5 pm the lobby was packed with people waiting to check in, I thought sunday was a slow night.

5. Re: trip report 4/14 to 4/15

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 15:15