We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mr Peanut moved again, but where?

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
14,989 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Mr Peanut moved again, but where?

Mr Peanut has moved a few times in AC. At first he was at Kennedy Plaza …wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/92/Mr_Pea… he was vandalized [you'll notice the pinky is missing in that photo] and repaired and moved to the Garden Pier …travelpod.com/tw_slides/ta00/b76/06c/mr-pea… under the eave of the Historical Museum. And then moved indoors to the AC Visitors center in front of the old Sands site [the old entrance to the skywalk] …staticflickr.com/4096/4885147322_5f22364240…

That Visitors center is now closed for remodeling and will be a police substation and CRDA... um, uh, er. A CRDA something... I forget. Mr Peanut is no longer in this building

So back to my original Q. Anyone know where the Mr Peanut statue has moved to?

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Mr Peanut moved again, but where?

Don't worry he walks with a cane he can't have gotten far.

Allentown...
Level Contributor
97 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mr Peanut moved again, but where?

Keep us posted on Mr Peanut! I keep a photo of my family posed with the nut on my desk at work and we would like to know where to track him down for future photos. :-)

3. Re: Mr Peanut moved again, but where?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 May 2012, 05:41
Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
14,989 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mr Peanut moved again, but where?

I found out that Mr Peanut was moved outdoors during construction of >>police substation and CRDA... um, uh, er<< and he was vandalized again. He is again in Cherry Hill for repairs and will return to >>police substation and CRDA... um, uh, er<< after he's repaired. I don't know when he'll be back, but at least I found out where he is right now

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
6,147 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mr Peanut moved again, but where?

The past couple of years one of the shops on the Ocean City boardwalk had a person in the Mr Peanut costume. Do any of the AC shops still do that?

Plymouth, PA
Level Contributor
826 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mr Peanut moved again, but where?

I like Mr. Peanut...

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
14,989 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mr Peanut moved again, but where?

I have not seen a human in a Mr Peanut costume on the AC boardwalk in a while. Before HOB, there was an ice cream shop in Showboat on the boardwalk and whenever they roasted peanuts, they'd send a worker in a Mr Peanut costume out onto the AC boardwalk to give out fresh roasted & still hot peanuts for free samples

8. Re: Mr Peanut moved again, but where?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 12:42
Get answers to your questions about Atlantic City