We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upgrades at check in

West Long Branch...
Level Contributor
886 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Upgrades at check in

Hey all staying next week at the Atlantic club have a corner suite is there any way to get a upgrade at check in staying for 4 days

new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
8,838 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Upgrades at check in

Sure, try asking the check in person.

PA
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Upgrades at check in

What are you expecting that would be better than a corner suite?

Cheektowaga
Level Contributor
3,540 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Upgrades at check in

Pay for it?

Montreal, Quebec...
Level Contributor
221 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Upgrades at check in

I'm also wondering what is better than a corner suite????

Tarrytown, New York
Level Contributor
1,756 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Upgrades at check in

No hurt in asking but it will also depend on when your staying (during the week vs the weekend) Is this a comp or are you paying for the room?

Generally I've found that if you already have a basic suite and wish to upgrade, the chances are higher in doing so however this has only happened for me during one night stays or stays during the week.

4 days is quite a bit of time, especially if it's during a weekend and the high rollers are coming into town.

Quite a few factors in play but never hurts to ask

GardeniaPalm
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Upgrades at check in

As others have said, ask, but I wouldn't put a lot of faith in that it will happen.

Edited: 04 July 2012, 02:52
NJ
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Upgrades at check in

They had, years ago, what they called a Zodiac Suite. It had 2 levels, a huge bathroom with seperate shower and tub, 2 toilets (I think) and a jacuzzi with an ocean view. Entry hall, living room with eating area. Corner suites, which are nice, are not even close to this type of room. It would absolutlely be an upgrade, if they still have them. I can't imagine they would have gotten rid of them with their renovations.

Edited: 04 July 2012, 03:30
West Long Branch...
Level Contributor
886 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Upgrades at check in

Thank you everyone staying next Monday thru thursday and have no problem paying if there is a diffrence at check in if I must guess my question is would I be able to pay the diffrence at check in if they had no comps available also do I need to tip if I do get a upgrade?

Happy 4th everyone

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Upgrades at check in

Happy 4th, how many times are you going to ask this question?

tripadvisor.com/…41652446

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29750-i78-k550953…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29750-i78-k540772…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29750-i78-k539099…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29750-i78-k550825…

Tarrytown, New York
Level Contributor
1,756 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Upgrades at check in

Staying Monday - Thursday gives you slightly better odds of scoring an upgrade. I would just say ask "Do you have any complimentary upgrades available?" Usually if there is a price difference they will let you know "to upgrade to this suite would be $xx amount per day"

If you do happen to receive a comp upgrade, it's not a requirement to tip the clerk however I always do to show my appreciation for their help. Depending on the upgrade and how long the stay it could be anywhere from $20 - $50.

Happy 4th!