We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantic city food and Wine Festival July 26 2012

Which Atlantic City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Burbank, California
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Atlantic city food and Wine Festival July 26 2012

My mom and I went to the Food and Wine Festival at Harrah's in AC July 26 & 27 for my mother's Birthday!

We went to the Opening Night Party at the pool. We were herded into a side door entrance (no champagne entry, like everyone else seemed to get) We were hoping for a star sighting and waited for an MC to announce the weekend celebrations and events. The event info implied Robert Irvine was a host along with Anne Burrell. Anne was sighted and greeted guests who happened to find her from behind poles and rope. No one announced the show!! Robert Irvine, where were you?? No one spoke there was no ceremonial anything, just a few food stands with long lines and dirty crowded little tables. We ended up going to bar for drinks and heard later they were doing free wine tasting at bars. I paid $26 for drinks without knowing about tasting the wine or champagne until later. The event cost close to $60 and we were really disappointed!! My mom is a Food Channel fan, but now she sees that the "Celebs" could care less. Thanks for nothing guys!

For the record, we had fun at the "Italian market" (cuz we drank our wines worth!), but it was a bunch of people selling stuff, bring your wallet and email address for marketing. Was there an Italian area?? Didn't find it.

On a side Note We loved Lisa selling the Plate with wine glass holder, she is awesome. Rocky Fino Author of "Will cook for Sex" was wonderful and personable and Justin Antiorio from "Hells Kitchen" Thanks for the photo with mom and stay cool, even after becoming big!

NJ
Level Contributor
3,823 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantic city food and Wine Festival July 26 2012

I haven't heard too many say "That food and wine event was worth every penny."

Often those with comped tix say "it wasn't worth it".

PA
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantic city food and Wine Festival July 26 2012

I'm sorry you paid for that. Glad you did manage to have some fun.

Daytona Beach...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantic city food and Wine Festival July 26 2012

too bad it wasn't as nice as you anticipated.

NE Pa
Level Contributor
335 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlantic city food and Wine Festival July 26 2012

Went to the event (comped) 2 years ago at Bally's. Never again!

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlantic city food and Wine Festival July 26 2012

It's too bad but that seems to be what everyone says. They soend a lot on publicity and then just don't deliver. It's too bad...done correctly it probably could be good.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlantic city food and Wine Festival July 26 2012

Seems like history DOES Repeat itself year after year when it comes to this event.

maryland
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Atlantic city food and Wine Festival July 26 2012

Heard that CET sponsored 10 events, all other events were controlled by Food Network. Went to Sweet ans Sassy event comped, it was not worth the effort. There were about 12 stations of desserts and a Cash Bar charging $3 a bottle for a small bottle of Caesar's water.

They charged $85 for this event . The Fashion show was terrible, showed a few tops and jeans, half hour later another few tops. Nothing spectacular.

8. Re: Atlantic city food and Wine Festival July 26 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2013, 10:18