We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Nugget is suing the player's who took advantage ...

Tarrytown, New York
Level Contributor
1,756 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Golden Nugget is suing the player's who took advantage ...

Golden Nugget apparently is suing the player's who took advantage of the card glitch and the company of the cards ...

Interesting to see how this plays out and if Taj will plan to follow with a similar action:

aol.com/video/…

GardeniaPalm
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden Nugget is suing the player's who took advantage ...

Wrong, wrong, wrong!! If they sue the card shuffling company, fine, but the players, no!

If anything it was the dealer and pit bosses that were asleep at the wheel and didn't catch that the cards were coming out in the same order.

They're in charge of the cards, they're in charge of making sure the game is fair and I'll bet anything that if they would have made a mistake in their favor it would have been brushed under the rug and nobody would have heard a peep about it.

The GN needs to pay these people and not be so sloppy next time. Pay attention to the games you're dealing!

Edited: 04 August 2012, 04:26
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden Nugget is suing the player's who took advantage ...

Well if I am understanding the people haven't cashed in their chips yet at least not totally. Suing the players I agree is wrong but its probably preemptive to force a settlement where they aren't out any or all of the money. Ticking off the Asian community in doing so? Probably not too bright.

Edited: 04 August 2012, 04:34
new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
8,922 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden Nugget is suing the player's who took advantage ...

This was discussed here a few weeks ago:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29750-i78-k559517…

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden Nugget is suing the player's who took advantage ...

Yes it was...and it's still very stupid on the GN's part!

Were it my business I would have wanted something as stupid on the part of my employees to be swept under the rug. Pay the money, sue the card company, come down hard on your employees and move on. To get the customer's involved especially when they are all Asian seems very short sighted on their part. I'm sure in the long run they will end up loosing more business than the money they paid out. Crazy story and crazy reaction on the part of GN totally blaming the wrong party.

stanhope
Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Golden Nugget is suing the player's who took advantage ...

Stop being so lazy and cheap and have the dealer do his job; shuffle and deal the cards! End of story.

6. Re: Golden Nugget is suing the player's who took advantage ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 02:16