We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandy?

Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Sandy?

I appreciate hearing from the locals about how Sandy is affecting the AC area but for some reason, TA keeps closing threads about the storm. Whoever is triggering these deleted posts and closed threads, please leave a place for Sandy updates.

1. Re: Sandy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 14:35
Sacramento...
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandy?

Agreed -- I don't think TA can realistically say that this is off-topic since it's affecting anyone who has plans to vacation in AC for the next few weeks. Some of these pictures I'm seeing are making it look like the place is devastated already, and we've still got another day or two worth of storm to go.

I mentioned it in the other thread but it was removed too: I'm curious to know how Revel will hold up. With the wind coming from the northeast, it looks like they'll be taking the brunt of it right up against their giant flat building.

3. Re: Sandy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2013, 14:03
Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandy?

I would like updates to know what to expect, especially after Sandy is over and done. This being an AC travel forum, it is really the best possible source.

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
863 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandy?

I agree also. We have reservations for this coming weekend and have tickets for the ice skating show at Boardwalk Hall on Saturday and need info on what is happening in Atlanyic City. What better place but this forum to get updated info from people who live in the area.

Atlantic City
Level Contributor
548 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandy?

I'll post as long as they let me. Going to take a walk to boardwalk now.

GardeniaPalm
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandy?

Excellent points, CM!

Bob- be careful out there!

Atlantic City
Level Contributor
548 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandy?

I'm back from boardwalk. Very windy. Dunes in tact. No flooding. I'm sure the Revel end of boardwalk is in worse shape. The boardwalk that was washed away was already half gone, news reports fail to mention that.

I wish they would concentrate on accurate reporting rather then over-hype.

GardeniaPalm
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandy?

Glad to know things are going okay, at least for the boardwalk.

The Press of AC had some video on their site. They were by Peanut World and all looked okay there.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandy?

I will be looking for a hurricane sale on rooms for later this week.