We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Borgata Buffet. Going Downhill?

Long Island
Level Contributor
28 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Borgata Buffet. Going Downhill?

I vacation in AC 2-3 times a year. Been doing it since Nugget was Castle. Going again March 2-8

Anyway, Borgata is the only resort I'll stay at, but I think the Buffet has gone downhill. I still think it's great, but not as good as it used to be.

Any opinions??? Been reading some similiar postings about other buffets. Wondering what your experiences have been with buffets.

Also, I'm always looking for good dining tips. Anyone have one? Personally I will always recommend Cuba Libre and Ri Ra at The Quarter, Evo at ***** Plaza and Fornelletto at Borgata. What restaurants do you like?

New York, NY
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Borgata Buffet. Going Downhill?

i see no decline in the quality of the food at the borgata's buffet.

they do have a social media team at the borgata and when they read comments (pro and con), they do tend to share those comments with the appropriate departments within the company. and they do respond via social media; they certainly do here. i honestly believe - at least with regard to the buffet - that the borgata is committed to continuously improving. they know they have the best buffet in town and they're determined to keep it that way.

we went through a period a few months ago, when some of us here expressed concerns about some of the food items (temperature of food, consistency of some sauces, that sort of thing) and i believe those concerns were addressed, not only here in the forum but at the buffet itself.

the service at the buffet has always been hit or miss depending on whom you get as your server. and i haven't been there in a few weeks, so i'm interested to learn how the weekday closures have affected morale among the servers. i imagine the ones who are still working are thankful to be working, but then again, i imagine some of them have had their hours cut by a third or more. i wonder if this has affected the quality of the service.

Edited: 24 February 2013, 22:38
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Borgata Buffet. Going Downhill?

I was the Borgata last month and did eat at the buffet. It was excellent like my previous visits.

RI
Level Contributor
458 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Borgata Buffet. Going Downhill?

Borgata still has by far the best buffet in town. Even more so now that Harrah's buffet has declined in value as opposed to price. The only real change in Borgata I have noticed is in the size of the shrimp served at dinner. The shrimp size is smaller than it was just a year or 2 ago. Otherwise, it seems to me that Borgata has continued to provide a quality buffet with little decline in value over the years.

Daytona Beach...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Borgata Buffet. Going Downhill?

last time I was at Borgata Buffet, I thought it was as good as it always is.. that was about 6 weeks ago..

Dover, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,709 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Borgata Buffet. Going Downhill?

Was there early Feb. Had just announced mid week buffet closing . Servers were a little down in spirits, but service itself and quality were still excellent. We usually stay at boardwalk hotel, but still eat at least one meal at the Borgatta buffet.

new york
Level Contributor
686 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Borgata Buffet. Going Downhill?

The servers with the most seniority are still working 5 days a week, but some full time servers have been cut to as little as 1 day a week and have lost their insurance. It is a pity as obviously you cannot earn a living working 1 day a week. I have not been there since the closings, but would have to imagine that poor morale will affect the service.I usually go midweek but I will now be avoiding trips when the buffet is closed.

Jackson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
539 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Borgata Buffet. Going Downhill?

I like to eat at the buffet ,so i will not be making any reservations for the days it will be closed Tue & Wed......

pa
Level Contributor
3,301 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Borgata Buffet. Going Downhill?

So you vacation in A/C 2-3 times a year and this is only Feb and you are going next week.so may I ask,when were you at the Borgata Buffet last to make make the observation that it was going downhill?

Answer to question---NO!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
245 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Borgata Buffet. Going Downhill?

I had dinner at Borgata Buffet on Feb. 21, it was outstanding.

NYC
Level Contributor
783 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Borgata Buffet. Going Downhill?

TheMensch wrote: >>...but I think the Buffet has gone downhill. I still think it's great, but not as good as it used to be.<<

Ya know, this is such a vague generalization that it really doesn't warrant thoughtful consideration. Come back with specific observations and then we can talk.