We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Orleans Deluxe rooms at Showboat

Which Atlantic City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NC
Level Contributor
48 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
New Orleans Deluxe rooms at Showboat

Okay everyone, I have less than a month before I take my first trip. Getting excited. I booked 3 nights in New Orleans Deluxe room at Showboat. I have already changed reservation (was a hassle)s when rate droppped a bit. Even got called regarding review. Question is how are these rooms? I still have time to move elsewhere if need to. Gotta have clean!

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: New Orleans Deluxe rooms at Showboat

You can expect your room to be worn but clean at Showboat. If you happen to get something you don't like (smell of smoke something unclean) insist on a change because its not the norm. Worn furniture etc IS the norm though...not terribly worn just typical for having been in use for years.

I have stayed at Showboat dozens of times many of those in New Orleans rooms and I switched rooms 1 time because of smell of smoke and never had a dirty room. I would put a dirty room down as a very atypical thing for that property.

Edited: 14 March 2013, 14:49
New Jersey
Level Contributor
165 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: New Orleans Deluxe rooms at Showboat

You'll be fine, the New Orleans Deluxe is a fine room. Nothing to rave about and nothing to rant about either. I will say I saw the Orleans Deluxe room once and the New Orleans rooms are MUCH nicer in terms of things that are not important but noticed when missing (tiled entry, nicer bathroom, separate toilet, etc). Enjoy your stay!

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
837 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Orleans Deluxe rooms at Showboat

We have stayed at Showboat several times over the years and every room we had was fine. The rooms were always clean and I remember the beds were comfortable. I think you'll be fine at Showboat.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,300 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Orleans Deluxe rooms at Showboat

Always stay at Showboat, never a problem, clean, neat rooms, very nice bathroom. (There's a picture of our room there on my profile, if you want to take a look.) Enjoy :)

Daytona Beach...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
3,532 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Orleans Deluxe rooms at Showboat

Never had a bad room at Showboat..

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Orleans Deluxe rooms at Showboat

I Always have had a clean, nice (more than acceptable!) room at the Showboat. Don't Worry & Enjoy!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Orleans Deluxe rooms at Showboat

BTW~ Rates have dropped again at the Showboat & other CET properties, so re-check your reservation to see if you can save money!

Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
70 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Orleans Deluxe rooms at Showboat

Never had a problem with rooms at showboat.

NC
Level Contributor
48 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Orleans Deluxe rooms at Showboat

Thank you. I called and checked rates. They were cheaper on Wednesday and Thursday but had increased on Friday. They would not lower my rate on the two days.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Orleans Deluxe rooms at Showboat

Why not make a new reservation for Wednesday & Thursday, and then just keep your old reservation, cancel those two days and just keep Friday!