We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report 5/2-5/3 Borgata

Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
56 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report 5/2-5/3 Borgata

The wife and I decided to take a trip quick to AC on a Thurs night since we were heading off to Bermuda Friday afternoon. We took advantage of a comp room at the Borgata which seems to be the most friendly with comps. Keep in mind we only average maybe 5-6 trips a year and are low member red car holder " last time I checked im still $995.00 to becoming a black card holder. Anyway, the Borgata does manage to give me comp rooms Mon through Thurs where as CET stopped my comps all together. No problem, as we both enjoy the Borgata better.

Trip down was non eventful, the typical route 206 which really stinks when you get behind that person doing exactly the speed limit that road becomes brutal. Once on 30 things sped up and was curious to see the Galloway Diner switched names. I spent many drunken nights there as being a Stockton alum and wonder what changes may have been made?

Finally made it to the B, check in line was actually pretty long /slow moving as I only noticed about 3 people working the counter. I must give credit once the line was pretty long they managed to bring forward a few more counter people to get the line moving and in about 15 min was heading up to the 34th floor city view. Great room, love the new design in both the lobby and room.

We had another great dinner at the Continental on the pier and highly recommend the chilean sea bass which was very tasty. I decided to play some slots at Caesars and couldnt wait to get out of there. Its was pretty depressing and even noticed a pretty foul smell as if someone just couldn't leave that hot machine if you catch my drift.

Back at a much more civil Borgata I was off to the $10.00 BJ table as the $5 was way too crowded with rookie play. Managed to play three shoes while downing 3 beers to become up 65 bucks in about an hour. Ill take it as it paid for Dinner with a nice side buzz. OF course the wife lost it all back on those Wheel of Fortune machines as I swear those are the Devil machines. I checked my comps and noticed I had complimentary Soundgarden tickets for that friday, ugh if only I was able to stay that night as well. Its great that Borgata offers such great comps to the low limit player and was able to use my comps to cover all rooms fees.

All in all, great time...just never recommend a trip to the B when you have a flight out of Newark at noon the following day as we cut that rather close :) PS, Borgata is still the best hands down in my view.

Edited: 07 May 2013, 19:35
Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,145 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report 5/2-5/3 Borgata

The last poster that stated they drove on rt206 did not see Mighty Joe the gorilla http://stuofdoom.com/main/?p=3341 did you see it?

And it's just a matter of time before moneywho posts all sedimental about how great Borgata is... starting my timer

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
3,461 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report 5/2-5/3 Borgata

Sounds like a great trip. I'm loving the Borgata more and more as well. Thanx for sharing.

Cherry Hill, New...
Level Contributor
564 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report 5/2-5/3 Borgata

Borgata is a great property, but I really wish they would offer kiosk check-in. I agree the line at check-in tends to move fairly quickly, but I would much prefer to have the option to just get my room keys/check-in at a kiosk with no line. My last check-in at Revel took about 2 minutes.

pa
Level Contributor
3,301 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report 5/2-5/3 Borgata

Still loving that Borgata!

Still the BEST A/C has to offer!

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
80 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report 5/2-5/3 Borgata

I love the Borgata too, but their slots are tight. They do offer all the new ones though. I've stayed at Harrahs many times. Love the restaurants and our room there and I do very well on their slots. They are very generous with their comps. I always get free rooms, food and flight and I'm a Platinum there. I was black label at Borgata and hope to get back to that. I'm going next weekend and staying there.

Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
243 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report 5/2-5/3 Borgata

Glad you had fun! Enjoy your trip and maybe we'll see you soon.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
80 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report 5/2-5/3 Borgata

??? I'm going this weekend coming up....

8. Re: Trip Report 5/2-5/3 Borgata

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Atlantic City
Recent Conversations