We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PRE-Trip Report...Excited

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
288 posts
1 review
Save Topic
PRE-Trip Report...Excited

I'm sitting here at work but I might as well be on the road to A.C. already because that's where my mind is. I'll be leaving early and jumping in my car ASAP for the 3.5-4 hour drive from D.C. to A.C. probably arriving at the Showboat around 7pm. Have a Petstay room booked, we're bringing our little pup, for 3 nights comped. Tonight probably take it easy and just have the obligatory first drink or two in the room, go down for a Hurricane, then hit a Let it Ride and/or 3-Card table for a few hours. Tomorrow the little lady and I are going to take a ride over to Wildwood and hit the Raging Waters for a couple hours. Probably come back and check out Margaritaville/5 O'clock Bar at about 5 O'clock for some drinks to start the evening and watch the Friday crowd roll in. Just being honest, I'll probably get nice and toasted tomorrow night if all goes right. Not much planned other than hitting the tables hard, maybe a little diamond lounge time.

Saturday we'll take the pup to the dog beach if we can find it again. Sat night we'll be at Bally's for the Boxing matches as well as the late Legends in Concert show. I tried to get that for Friday night but couldn't so they'll overlap a bit but they're all comped tix so no big deal.

The drive back Sunday will be miserable.

Sorry if this was boring but I'm excited to be leaving this afternoon and wanted to pass the time talking it out! Cheers everyone to a great weekend...

New York
Level Contributor
606 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PRE-Trip Report...Excited

ooh, I'm excited for you too! Looking forward to hearing how a PetStay works. Always wanted to do it myself. Hope you have good luck and it already sounds like a good time!

(btw, is it really 4 hours to DC? seems like it should be shorter..,)

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: PRE-Trip Report...Excited

We keep putting off getting a puppy becasue of our trips to AC. Let us know more about the petstay!

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
3,461 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PRE-Trip Report...Excited

Drive safe and have a great time my friend.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,788 posts
355 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PRE-Trip Report...Excited

Sounds like a great time is planned, Drive safe and enjoy!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
288 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: PRE-Trip Report...Excited

Thanks everyone.

I have actually used the PetStay rooms before, once or twice last year. It works out very well other than the extra $50 charge per night. I really don't get that. Some of those rooms at the Boat barely even cost $50 on a Thursday night. Even though I'm comped they still charge it. But they put you in that tower with the Starbucks by the elevators and you go straight out the door by the valet pick up to the Pet Relief area so it's close.

Yes it usually takes about 4 hours door to door. If you blazed straight through it's 3 hours actual driving time. There is always a bit of traffic and then add in the mandatory Wawa stop and it turns into 4. The drive back is always faster for some reason.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: PRE-Trip Report...Excited

Sounds exciting already :) Enjoy . why is the trip back always seems to go faster ?? IDK lol.... once again enjoy!!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,532 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PRE-Trip Report...Excited

Have fun! We're going to Showboat mid June, can't wait also, hope the weather is good :)

Washington
Level Contributor
4,672 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: PRE-Trip Report...Excited

Sounds like fun JWC.

I'm leaving for AC four weeks from today during the early afternoon & coming home on the following Monday morning. Generally takes me 3 hrs. 45 mins. up & oddly 3 hrs. 30 mins. home; and both drives include a stop at the WaWa in Runnemede, NJ. I'm on pins & needles waiting.

oxford,nc
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: PRE-Trip Report...Excited

Know how you feel- I'm always excited no matter how many times I've been.

Have fun and win big!

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,642 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: PRE-Trip Report...Excited

It is so nice to be excited about a up coming trip, so nice that you can have your pup with you.

Get answers to your questions about Atlantic City