We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shoe parade

Daytona Beach...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
3,619 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Shoe parade

Did anyone see the shoe parade - and if you did, how was it? It looked like there was a nice amount of people on the boardwalk.

I watched it on TV and liked it but I think there were some things we saw that unless you were right by Boardwalk Hall, you may have missed such as -choirs singing and a few dance numbers.

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shoe parade

A couple of our neighbors went down last night. They had tickets and were near Boardwalk Hall and said it was great. They heard that there were 200,000+ folks there and said it was jammed!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
401 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shoe parade

I am at the seafood fest now. They announced that there was 250000 people on Boardwalk last night

PA
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shoe parade

That is great news! I watched it on TV also and it looked packed.

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,145 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shoe parade

I was at Garden Pier 1st [it was one of the BYOC areas]. And it was very busy. Plus blackflies were pestering me. So I walked down to Taj to meet up with some ppl. Oh garsh it was difficult walking during the parade. I had to run in front of a 66 Cutlass convertible with a contestant in it to get accross the boardwalk. The shoes were great. Most gals were holding their shoes up nearly the entire parade. Kudos to their stamina. Miss Illinois was donning ice skates, and they were too heavy for her to hold up [this is at Garden Pier, nearly the beginning of the parade] and the front seat passenger was holding them up for her. Miss Idaho had potato colored pumps. And Miss Kansas, the one who showed off her tats with a 2~piece swimsuit, was wearing military fatigues & Doc Martens. The parade stopped for some time, probably for one of the performances at Kennedy Plaza accross from Boardwalk Hall. And Miss NJ was sitting in front of us at Taj for many minutes. She was dressed as a mermaid, for a cape, she donned a fishing net with shells & starfish in it, and the back of the fishnet cape had the words 'Stronger Than The Storm' on it. And under her mermaid fishtail, she donned flippers for shoes. So while she was sitting while the parade was stopped, she did address the crowd with witty impromptu pleasantries like 'Even if there is a 30 minute delay for the parade, it's nothing compared to the years we waited for Miss America to to come home to Atlantic City'

Daytona Beach...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
3,619 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shoe parade

good details Rship1... sounds like so many people are glad to see Miss America back in AC.. what time is the pageant tonight?

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,145 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shoe parade

Heck, I dunno. Nah, just ribbing ya. It'll be 9pm on ABC

Daytona Beach...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
3,619 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shoe parade

can't wait - gonna be tired for work tomorrow - unlike folks who don't have to work tomorrow!

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Shoe parade

Caught a little on tv last nite, looked intetesting, puttin on to do list next year.

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,145 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shoe parade

>>unlike folks who don't have to work tomorrow<< Excuuuuuse me [apologies to Steve Martin], but Miss America returning to AC is an event worth taking a day off for. Besides, it'd be past my bedtime if I couldn't sleep in tomorrow

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shoe parade

Watching it on TV right now....Oy!

Get answers to your questions about Atlantic City