We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beware of harrahs

Which Atlantic City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ny
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
beware of harrahs

Noise Construction That Is

No Warning From Host

LetterOn CheckIN Noise 7-3 PileDriving Where EmPlyee ParkingLotWas By POol

AndThey DidAndItsLoud

Sammy D Closed

SorryPhone Acting Up

Washington
Level Contributor
4,512 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beware of harrahs

Thank you for the advance notice Jane!

I may elect to opt for the Borgata flight junkets over Harrah's from my area leaving out of DC. I do however have a comp room reservation for next 4th of July weekend at Harrah's, so I hope by that time the noise isn't as audible. Meanwhile, all my other AC trips are at their boardwalk properties.

Edited: 27 September 2013, 14:31
Washington
Level Contributor
4,512 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beware of harrahs

BTW Jane; what Harrah's Tower are you staying in where you can hear the noise? Or is the noise so loud the tower location won't matter?

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beware of harrahs

Going this Sunday..have no worry. I find that so often the complaints from posters on this board are over and above. Sorry, that's just what I find.

ny
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beware of harrahs

Loud

Waterfront Corner Overlooking The Nice Men And There Toys

Washington
Level Contributor
4,512 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beware of harrahs

Frank3; I feel jane is one of the few & honest posters within these forums. I don't think she would exaggerate the loud noise if it weren't factual. When you go Sunday, you can give us your side; just be sure to include the Harrah's Tower you are staying in, ok? I'm scheduled into the Bayview next Summer; so hope by then the construction noise won't be so bad.

Meanwhile jane, try to make your stay as good as you can & WIN BIG!!! :-)

Edited: 27 September 2013, 14:48
NJ
Level Contributor
3,823 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: beware of harrahs

Jane- did you consider requesting a move to an odd numbered BT suite?

7. Re: beware of harrahs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 January 2014, 13:05
ny
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: beware of harrahs

Guys Believe What You Wish. It Was Enough To Wake Us At 7:15. Its MOre Intermittent NOw. Not As BaD There Is A LetterAtCheckIn

Frank Enjoy YouR Stay,You Are EntitledToYou'reOpinion FromYourHome. From HerE It Was Noisy. HopeYouHaveA BetterTime

C8, I Have Considered That

Point Pleasant...
Level Contributor
705 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: beware of harrahs

I was there yesterday 9/26 and today Bayview tower, a little noisy, but nothing that would stop me from going again.

ny
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: beware of harrahs

Apologies for the wonky phone earlier.

I would think a heads up in terms of their being construction ie the website, my host etc would have been nice. My intent was to warn others so if this is a trip breaker for you consider alternative arrangements....so Sammy d is closed, buffet seems open all day yesterday and today. The noise, I took a video from my room is thumping and loud but I would agree tower location is key......I am waterfront corner right over a construction area and it started around 7 and ended promptly at 3. If you aren't alight sleeper maybe it's a Non issue. You could also see the work at the exit between Sammy's and red door. You could hear it at red door so that could affect services. Not sure why Sammy's is closed exactly.

So no reason to argue folks...

C8 family chose to buy earplugs and stay in our suite.....too much hassle to move and as opposed to the borgata post I didn't request compensation. I just think a letter at heck in is too late