We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do NOT get distracted at the kiosks!

Meadow Lands...
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
191 reviews
Save Topic
Do NOT get distracted at the kiosks!

If I had to describe myself in terms of awareness while traveling/gambling, I would say I was more cautious than most. That is why I am posting to tell you how I allowed myself to be ripped off losing 13125 reward credits in the process. OUCH!

"Our records show that 13125 reward credits were redeemed for $75 slot play at 10:43am on 11/11/13 from kiosk CAC17."

I know exactly how it happened. I swiped my card to see if I had cash back, hit on my comps and PROBABLY did not exit the screen even though I have done it HUNDREDS of times.

We all get distracted. Be sure you don't suffer the same fate!

P.S. I NEVER exchange reward credits for play. Hope the thief enjoyed them.

New York, NY
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
5,931 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do NOT get distracted at the kiosks!

my experience has been that the CZR kiosks now require you to reconfirm your identity by entering your password with each new transaction, even though you already may be "signed in." that should have been the first preventative measure. the second should have been at the cashier when the thief converted the voucher to slot play. the cashier should have required ID... at which point it is unlikely the thief could have produced an ID that matched your name.

talk to total rewards... they should be able to investigate and return the RCs to your account.

Washington
Level Contributor
4,949 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do NOT get distracted at the kiosks!

Three things:

1) Even should you may have forgotten to exit the screen, the kiosk after 5 or 10 seconds will automatically exit your TR's Acct.

2) And "if" someone had hit to redeem for slot play, the kiosk would have only printed out a slip of paper. That person would have had to have either or both your photo ID & your TR's players card to show the cashier before they'd issue a slot voucher. So unless a total stranger spitefully did that, they still could not redeem it to collect on.

3) Finally, I can't understand how 13125 reward credits can be redeemed for $75 slot play when the amt. of slot play issued is $5 for every 100 reward credits; which would have been for $65.

Edited: 09 December 2013, 13:34
Meadow Lands...
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do NOT get distracted at the kiosks!

The quote and amounts is from Caesar's--not me.

And I was not the one who used the credits FYI.

I am VERY selective about how the credits are used.

That kiosk was very crowded with people waiting in line.

I have already been told by Caesar's that they can do nothing about it.

Just wanted folks to be aware. That is all.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
6,305 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do NOT get distracted at the kiosks!

I'd call back and ask for a supervisor. They should be able to see if that slip was cashed in, which if the cashier did things right it couldn't be. They should have cameras at the cage as well as cameras at the kiosk and since they have the kiosk number and time they should be able to see what happened. If the slip was indeed printed but not cashed ask if they can void it and return your comps or at least print you a new slip for you to use.

Thanks for the advise though to wait and make sure you are exited from your account before leaving a kiosk.

Meadow Lands...
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do NOT get distracted at the kiosks!

>>>>>If the slip was indeed printed but not cashed ask if they can void it and return your comps or at least print you a new slip for you to use.<<<<<

Thank You! I had not thought of that.

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,861 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do NOT get distracted at the kiosks!

sorry that happened finemind..... never felt good about using those kiosk. hope eventually you can work out a solution even if they already said no.

Brandywine Valley...
Level Contributor
1,765 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do NOT get distracted at the kiosks!

Ahhhh, finemind, so sorry to hear this happened! Hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do NOT get distracted at the kiosks!

They should be able to tell you if the the slot play was redeemed. If not, they should be able to issue you a credit for that amount.

Baseball. 7*'s redeem at a differnet rate, so that may be the descrepancy.

UKStages. I have not been asked to enter my password other then the first time I access the kiosk. The kiosk has spit out mulitple slot play slips on the first and only password.

Washington
Level Contributor
4,949 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do NOT get distracted at the kiosks!

I would doubt the a stranger would be able to redeem the OP's slot play. I have never approached a cashier's/redemption cage (cashier agent) that didn't ask that I minimally show them my player's card to confirm; &/or both my player's card along with a photo ID.

Thx Yakster for an explanation in regard to 7*'s redemption at a different rate. Didn't cross my mind at the time.

I can also confirm the CET kiosks only require me to key in my ID once after scanning my TR's card. After doing so, their kiosks will spit out multiple slot play slips w/o a need to re-enter one's password/id information. If the TR's cardholder hesitates to press any prompts once logged in, then the kiosk will default back to the main prompt whereas it will require one to re-scan their TR's card & password id all over.

Edited: 10 December 2013, 12:24
10. Re: Do NOT get distracted at the kiosks!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 December 2013, 05:05