We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Showboat or Taj

Wilmington, Delaware
6 posts
Save Topic
Showboat or Taj

I noticed the offer that someone else posted for .01(15 w/tax) rooms at the Taj from Jan 3-9. I'm going to AC on Sunday and have a room books at Showboat ($38ish w/tax). I haven't been to either of these properties in 2 years and was wondering what everyone's opinion was on the rooms. I have a "New" Orleans room at showboat and the Taj room would be a Taj Tower. I'm going to the Spa at Revel and eating at Amada so I'm not concerned about food or amenities outside of the room.

Thank you for your help in advance.

New York, NY
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
5,791 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Showboat or Taj

taj tower over new orleans hands down.

the 1 cent price makes it that much sweeter.

GardeniaPalm
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Showboat or Taj

The New Orleans room bathroom is nicer than the Taj.

The New Orleans king rooms are nicer than the Taj since they have a sofa and armchair as well as a desk.

The Taj Tower views are better if you're on higher floors.

The Taj Tower rooms have a better TV (flat vs. New Orleans tube)

Overall it is a tossup.

NYC
Level Contributor
314 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Showboat or Taj

Taj hands down.

Price is right!

Daytona Beach...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
3,580 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Showboat or Taj

because of the price difference, I'd take the Taj.. wouldn't hesitate..

RI
Level Contributor
458 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Showboat or Taj

I would go with the Taj because of the price. Showboat may add a resort fee to its $38 room rate.

NJ
Level Contributor
3,823 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Showboat or Taj

I don't think the Taj Tower room is any better overall but the SB room will be over $50 with taxes/fees.

Book TAJ if you haven't already.

Moorestown, New...
Level Contributor
2,566 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Showboat or Taj

You are highly unlikely to get an unsatisfactory room from either property. That said based on price I would go with The Taj Mahal.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Showboat or Taj

The Taj overall is nicer, so if the price is close go there. Plus I like the foot court in the Taj much better. Other than that, it really doesn't matter much since they are connected internally anyway.

Wilmington, Delaware
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Showboat or Taj

The Showboat room is 38 total. I already added all the fees and stuff into that number . Does Taj charge a "resort fee". I saw somewhere that it costs another $15 dollars there on-top of the tax(so about 30 total).

Also, it says that on Sunday, check-in is at 6pm. I was planning on arriving at Noon, hopefully checking-in and than heading to Revel till about 10 pm. I would prefer not to check-in after I get back. I don't have a guarantee that I can check-in early at showboat, but I have in the past for no-fee as a walk-up.

Thank You for all the responses so far.

NJ
Level Contributor
3,823 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Showboat or Taj

I believe the Taj Facebook deal is $15.01 total.

I'm pretty sure you can check-in before 6pm

Get answers to your questions about Atlantic City