We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sand Sculpture tourney. Of course it's FREE

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,155 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Sand Sculpture tourney. Of course it's FREE

www.atlanticcitynj.com/events/details.aspx… And www.worldchampionshipofsandsculpting.com/ I went to last year's on many visits because it changes. There is solo artists, doubles & teams.. I greatly enjoyed this and I hope some of y'all get to go too. excerpt from link #1: 'Days & Times: Jun 19 - Jul 6, 2014'

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,155 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sand Sculpture tourney. Of course it's FREE

excerpt from the DO AC site: 'Atlantic City Beach @ Pennsylvania Avenue (Near Steel Pier)'

Last year it was next to Caesars Pier, this year it's by Steel Pier. I did not notice this until I read it an ad in todays newspaper. I'm posting so no one else here will go to the wrong pier... because I would have

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,155 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sand Sculpture tourney. Of course it's FREE

This doesn't open till Thursday. But. The sculpting sand & fence is on the beach, there is 2 welcome sculptures likely being created as I type. And two AC tribute sculptures inside the competition area are looking My~T~Fine already. This year's sculptures [I HAVE to include where this is again, as I would've made a mistake and went to the wrong beach this year] are set up between Steel Pier and LandShark's bar on the beach. You may be able to see parts of it from their bar

new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
8,836 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sand Sculpture tourney. Of course it's FREE

Thanks for posting about this We were by there yesterday. There were a number of awesome welcome sculptures being created just of the Boardwalk. I expect there will be a great show there in a few days.

There’s a limited view of the main tournament area on the beach from Landshark’s raised bar/restaurant, not much from the bar on the beach.

I’ll post some pictures if I get a chance..

Springfield...
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sand Sculpture tourney. Of course it's FREE

How long do the sculptures remain? We are heading to AC July 9-12 and would like to see this.

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,155 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sand Sculpture tourney. Of course it's FREE

Unfortunately, it ends 7/6/2014. And last year the sculptures were likely taken down after the competition by some young'uns having fun tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29750-i78-k656502…

Benezette...
Level Contributor
5,267 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sand Sculpture tourney. Of course it's FREE

I just got home late last night. The sculpture near Resorts is the most AWESOME thing. It is so huge and detailed. I was absolutely wowed by this trip to AC (even though we ended up at the police station on the way out of town...another of my AC adventure stories.)

AND the guy doing this AC sculpture actually knew where Benezett is. Small world.

Benny

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,155 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sand Sculpture tourney. Of course it's FREE

On the Philly news, they showcased one sand sculpture of a Quercetti gameboard. And it is a 190' track with curves, slopes and at least one jump. I couldn't figure out how to spell Quercetti until I looked it up. It's a game played with marbles. And while the sculpture was not fully shown on TV, it looked cussingly fabulous

new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
8,836 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sand Sculpture tourney. Of course it's FREE

Unclear what the prize amounts will be, but last year participants came from “13 nations.” From “demo” sculptures I saw a few days ago this years World Championship should be great! Check it out if you can.

http://bit.ly/1lNOEpV

Clementon, New...
Level Contributor
48 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sand Sculpture tourney. Of course it's FREE

Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well. I visited AC last night with my family, and we only found the huge one by resorts and a smaller sculpture of Planter's Mr.Peanut next to it. Where will the other sculptures be located? I was disappointed not finding more sand sculptures, but that just means another visit to AC before July6th =). Thank you for any information in advance.

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,155 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sand Sculpture tourney. Of course it's FREE

Under Mr Peanuts right hand is a sand sculptured sign that reads 'Free Entry' & there's an arrow on this sculpture. Walk over the dune in the direction the arrow is indicating & there is many sculptures on the beach. The duos competition begins.... oh drat.... Thursday?

While y'all missed the singles competition, IMHO it's worth a second visit. They're cussingly fabulous