We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interesting $20 Tip

Which Atlantic City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Interesting $20 Tip

I checked into Borgata mid-week last week. I was comped a classic room, but I asked if any upgrades were available. The gentleman checking me in said "I'll take care of you, you take care of me, alright?" or something to that effect. He gave me a Water Club room, along with a 1pm checkout. When it was all said and done, I gave him $20 tip. His reaction to the tip seemed like he was't too happy with it, although I only got a brief look as I walked away.

No specific questions. Just wanted to share this story and see if anyone here had thoughts or similar experiences.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
508 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Interesting $20 Tip

Are you black label? Not that I doubt what your experience was, but I've NEVER ,EVER had any of the desk people say that to me. I can't imagine that even coming across based on my interactions with the employees.

NJ
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Interesting $20 Tip

Nope, Red Label and barely Red. I earned $8 in comps (and lost $500), and that's what I usually earn.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
6,068 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Interesting $20 Tip

I didn't even know the water club was an option for a clerk on the Borgata side. I thought their only option would be a suite.

new york
Level Contributor
684 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Interesting $20 Tip

I have never had that experience. I also do not consider a standard room at the Water Club an upgrade even though they generally cost slightly more than the rooms at the Borgata.

Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
220 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Interesting $20 Tip

SebastianSaw- I'm disappointed to read your description of your check-in experience. This is certainly not the type of service we train our team members to provide. If you care to share anymore details, please private message me. Thanks.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
401 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Interesting $20 Tip

I have stayed in The Borgata and The Water Club numerous times I have NEVER saw or heard of any clerk pulling a stunt like that.

If it happened that way I would be very surprised.

NJ
Level Contributor
3,823 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Interesting $20 Tip

As has already been said.......

-being given a WC room is certainly NOT an upgrade.

- a 1pm checkout for a "low red" member is nearly unheard of.

- the statements made at the front desk are so far from anything I have ever experienced at BG

Quite frankly...... your BS story is not even remotely plausible

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Interesting $20 Tip

Sounds like a great way to lose a job if true.

9. Re: Interesting $20 Tip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 18 June 2014, 01:36
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Interesting $20 Tip

I check into the Water Club tower at the Borgata front desk all the time.