We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dancing in Atlantic City?

Which Atlantic City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida Native
Level Contributor
122 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Dancing in Atlantic City?

We will be in Atlantic City on the weekend of March 30th and because my husband and I love latin and ballroom dancing, we are seeking a place to dance?

Any suggestions?

Central NJ
Level Contributor
2,413 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dancing in Atlantic City?

There are only about a half dozen places , other than the 'dance clubs' that have dancing . These are pretty much lounges . There is a local Latin dance club on rt. 30 accross from the Hampton Inn in Absecon .

Ego at the Taj might be the closest you will find to what you are looking for , or possibly Cuba Libre' dance club at The Trop Quarter .

Southern NJ Shore
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dancing in Atlantic City?

Head to The Quarter at The Trop and hit Cuba Libre for great Latin dinner and dancing (including, I believe, instruction from their house dancers), then move over to 32 Degrees for more dancing and latenight fun.

The Borgata has two great clubs: MurMur and Mixx.

And check out what's happening at the House of Blues, if live music is more your style. They offer all sorts of entertainment - I find myself going there at least one a month for a show, if not weekly.

Florida Native
Level Contributor
122 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dancing in Atlantic City?

Thanx for the great info...!!!

Central NJ
Level Contributor
2,413 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dancing in Atlantic City?

Cuba Libre tends to be mostly under 30 ( 24 ish ) and sometimes the music is more latin disco than tango . I suggest you either go very early or very late . Or at least check out the crowd going in . 9:30 ish or 2am . Be aware they make their "Classic" Mohitos with a splash of soda - yuck . Ask them to forget the splash ! Or have a bar rum and coke ,

5. Re: Dancing in Atlantic City?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 19:19