We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best places to go near rijeka

manchester
1 post
Save Topic
best places to go near rijeka

hi, i'm travelling to the exit festival in serbia this summer in july, but am due to fly back from rijeka on the 20th.

where would everyone advise to go, will only have about 3/4 nights in total in the area i think so don't want to spend too much time travelling!

would people still advise visiting one of the islands? basically would like nice beaches if possible, good night life, and not too fussy on accommodation either camping or a cheap room!

also has anyone tried the croatian trains? what are they like? think will be using them to get from serbia.

any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

thanks george.

USA
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: best places to go near rijeka

As far as the beaches and islands go, I love the beach at Baska on the island of Krk. It would be about a 2 hour drive from Rijeka...

zadar
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: best places to go near rijeka

www.izlasci.net

rijeka night life portal..

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
50,467 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best places to go near rijeka

I also suggest Baska on Krk. Another option would be to go to Crikvenica which is south of Rijeka on the coastal road. Crikvenica has a decent beach, but in my opinion not as nice as in Baska.

4. Re: best places to go near rijeka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 16:20