We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need transportation (fairly quick) from Rijeka to Trieste

Which Rijeka hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
76 posts
304 reviews
Save Topic
Need transportation (fairly quick) from Rijeka to Trieste

I'm trying to rent a car in Dubrovnik and drop it off at the Rome airport 16 days later. The drop off charge is very high (almost exactly as much as the rental itself apparently due to the difference in country or the distance). I can rent a car in Dubrovnik, drop if off in Rijeka and then rent in Trieste and drop it off in Rome and save quite a bit. My problem is how to get between the two cities fairly quickly, not wasting a whole day. Any suggestions? There probably isn't a shuttle bus (that'd be too easy) but cost of a cab, if even possible? Limo service? Trains - how frequent and how direct? Will appreciate any suggestions.

This is for late-September/early-October.

Edited: 30 June 2014, 22:47
Durham
Level Contributor
4,456 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need transportation (fairly quick) from Rijeka to Trieste

The bus takes about 2 hours. Current timetable (likely to be fewer buses in October) www.autostazionetrieste.it/index.php…

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
76 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need transportation (fairly quick) from Rijeka to Trieste

Thanks for the quick reply. Guess it's "doable" although then we'd have to find a rental agency, get the car and drive to Venice - that would probably put us there no earlier than 5PM. We'll be coming from Bled so could probably be in Venice by 12:30 or 1PM which would be better. Maybe I'll bite the bullet and keep one car, have close to a full day in Venice and chalk it up to experience. Thanks again.

3. Re: Need transportation (fairly quick) from Rijeka to Trieste

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2015, 07:17