We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of taxi

Beerwah, Australia
Level Contributor
110 posts
39 reviews
Cost of taxi

Hi

I am coming back to TL and would like to know if the price of taxi from the Airport has increased at all. Also is the price for taxi in Dili the same or has there been an increase. Are the local buses still the same price. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

6 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
605 posts
2,229 reviews
1. Re: Cost of taxi

I'm not living there any more but last I heard the airport taxis were standardising and being more reasonable. Was it about $10 before? Anyway, in April a "Blue Taxi" metered service started, which has shaken things up. You might want to use them, or they should at least help to keep the other taxis reasonable. Unfortunately I haven't heard anything more about the Blue Taxis for a few months. Yellow taxis around town seem to have raised prices slightly by the time I left late last year - it can be hard to get anywhere now for under $2. There are many more of them around in the evening now near expat areas but prices can still be $5-$10 even as early as 6pm.

Beerwah, Australia
Level Contributor
110 posts
39 reviews
2. Re: Cost of taxi

thank you for the information

Australia
9 posts
1 review
3. Re: Cost of taxi

Twelve months ago it was US $10 from the airport to anywhere in Dili but if you are traveling lightly you can just walk a few hundred metres to outside the airport and catch the white microlet with a yellow number on it. I think it is no 10 microlet and you can travel into the city for 25 centavos but you need the correct money as they don't give change to foreigners.

Level Contributor
605 posts
2,229 reviews
4. Re: Cost of taxi

Someone even set up a website a couple of years ago with good info about the microlets: http://www.dilimicrolets.com/. It hasn't been updated since but the routes are no doubt the same (yes, the number 10 goes past the airport).

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
1 review
5. Re: Cost of taxi

I’ve created a website: https://dilimicroletroutes.github.io and it has updated routes + 11 and 12, and geolocation function. I hope it helps!

Yaren
Level Contributor
141 posts
195 reviews
6. Re: Cost of taxi

Excellent site Claudia! Bravo!

Reply to: Cost of taxi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dili
Recent Conversations