We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how do i book for the 2 hour ferry to isabela?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
58 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
how do i book for the 2 hour ferry to isabela?

Hi.

We're arriving from a cruise. How do we book for the 2 hour ferry to isabela. Also are there slower boats than this?

thank you.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
850 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how do i book for the 2 hour ferry to isabela?

Does your cruise call at Puerto Ayora at any time ? Tickets can be purchased right next to where you land if you visit Puerto Ayora. I would get your guide to help you as they speak very little if any English. Most of the shops with tour notices will also be able to sell them.

If you don't call there then maybe the guide can still arrange to book your tickets so you can pick them up on arrival. I would ask the cruise company.

You could also contact an agent in Puerto Ayora like:

http://www.galapagosmoonrise.com/

They speak good English.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
850 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how do i book for the 2 hour ferry to isabela?

Forgot to answer your other question. There is only the one scheduled boat to Isabela at 2pm. Note theser boats are small (maybe 20 passenger) and can be a bumby ride. They are dual outboard motors and it can be cooler if you have the rear seats rather than being inside. Also less chance of fumes.

It is best to get your return ticket at the same time if you know when you are coming back. Return boat leaves 6am to meet with flights from Baltra the same day.

Ecuador
Level Contributor
392 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: how do i book for the 2 hour ferry to isabela?

You have to buy the tickets the day before right near the pier on Pto. Ayora. You can use your agent to do this for you. Regards.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
58 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how do i book for the 2 hour ferry to isabela?

thank you for your replies. Really appreciate it.

5. Re: how do i book for the 2 hour ferry to isabela?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2010, 05:17