We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

emetebe airlines to isabela

Sunnyvale, CA
Level Contributor
220 posts
224 reviews
Save Topic
emetebe airlines to isabela

I have read on Trip Advisor and other sites how, in the past, unreliable Emetebe airlines is from Baltra to Isabela and back, but haven't read anything recently. Has it gotten better? I also read that by next year there will be another airline flying this route. Has anyone else hear this or have more information?

91 replies to this topic
61. Re: emetebe airlines to isabela

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 01:18

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
3,069 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
62. Re: emetebe airlines to isabela

Dear Chavala,

until you get on the Emetebe plane and it has actually taken off, you can't be sure of anything with them... even if you've paid. I recall getting bumped off at the last minute, because some group had arrived wanting to charter the plane. So we had to wait 2 hours before it came back to get us.

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

Guayaquil, Ecuador
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
63. Re: emetebe airlines to isabela

Heather,

Please stop posting comments on stuff that you basically have no idea about Heather, just because you have experienced the previous management doesnt mean its always the same. As you may know, it takes time to change things and solve issues. Rome was not built in a day as most intelligent minded people might say.

Emetebe has now changed management, service philosophy, and owners! The airline is TOTALLY different from what it was before.

They have reinforced their status and image as a reliable regional carrier. And in my honest opinion great credit must be given to this airline for its efforts to increase reputation and customer care in the past year.

The service is good, delays are rare and customer service is important to them.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
3,069 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
64. Re: emetebe airlines to isabela

Dear HCP -

I am very willing to give EMETEBE the benefit of the doubt - but I do keep on reading stories on TA that lead me to keep on having doubts. It's good to hear there is new management and I wish it does make a difference. One thing they could do is have a dedicated website, in English, with all the information people are so desperate to find. Such a website would cost no more than a charter flight between Baltra and Isabella. Unfortunately, the website you have provided above directs me to a hotel in Guayaquil (??) - leading me to believe that the new management still has work to do.

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

Guayaquil, Ecuador
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
65. Re: emetebe airlines to isabela

The new website link is: www.emetebe.com.ec

Review then comment.

Thanks.

HCP

Guayaquil, Ecuador
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
66. Re: emetebe airlines to isabela

So to answer your previous question in 64: YES there is a dedicated website that explains everything to customers. And YES its in ENGLISH AND SPANISH!

So stop complaining and start reading.

Regards,

HCP

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
67. Re: emetebe airlines to isabela

No need for incivility, HCP. There has long been, and still is, confusion around a Web presence of Emetebe. As the latest chapter, earlier today I too clicked on the URL you provided in #61. It went (and still goes) to a hotel Web site with the same name as your user name. If you put a "WWW." in front of the URL in message #61 (which gives you the URL you included in message #65), you get to an Emetebe Web site, which indeed has an option for an English version and has some info about services.

You might want to delete your message #61, so that your post doesn't contribute to the confusion even further.

Tina

trip report (and much more) at http://galapagos2009.wordpress.com

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
216 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
68. Re: emetebe airlines to isabela

I just checked out their website and see that they are flying out of Santa Cruz too? I wonder if this just means that they would transfer you to Baltra?

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
703 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
69. Re: emetebe airlines to isabela

Baltra is the airport for Santa Cruz.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
703 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
70. Re: emetebe airlines to isabela

Oh I see what you mean on thier web site now! How weird! And how confusing. I didn't think there even was an airport on Santa Cruz.

Reply to: emetebe airlines to isabela
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted