We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Cristobal Airzab flight to Isabella

Which San Cristobal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
6 posts
Save Topic
San Cristobal Airzab flight to Isabella

Does anyone know anything about Airzab? Do you know anything about the reliability and safety of this new air option and how often they fly to Isabella from San Cristobel? Since it is so new, I was advised by a travel agent not to risk giving them my money and flying my family of 5 until they are more established, however no flights are available on Emetebe air for the days we need to fly.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
3,012 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Cristobal Airzab flight to Isabella

Dear SMS -

I didn't know about Airzab - interisland flights sure could use a bit of competition in Galapagos - the last time they tried, the new airline crashed its plane (no injuries).... Unfortunately I can't help you. They have a FB page - you can try messaging them there perhaps.

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

Livermore...
Level Contributor
217 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Cristobal Airzab flight to Isabella

Hi there,

I am really familiar with everything in Galapagos and Air Zab is even new to me! I have checked online and they don't have a website, but they do have a Facebook page. Maybe you can contact them via Facebook to ask about any concerns you may have.

I would imagine that if you have the money to but a couple of planes, then your service should be pretty reliable at least at the beginning when you are trying to make a name for yourself. If you pay for the tickets with a credit card, you always have the 'chargeback' option which gives you at least some assurance that you can get your money back should things not work out.

Let me know how it goes and if I find out anything else about them I will make another post.

Best,

Paul

Washington DC...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: San Cristobal Airzab flight to Isabella

Thanks for the replies to my questions! I am aware of the Facebook page. A local travel agent in San Cristobal told me that they know someone who did meet an Airzab rep but the rep could not provide a business card. The local travel agent also said the phone just keeps ringing when he has tried to call so they aren't acting very business like as yet.

An employee from a hotel on Isabella who recommended them told me that Airzab "has been around" but was doing "private transfers". That is about all I could find out so far and it does not make me feel comfortable enough to book with them.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
9,774 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Cristobal Airzab flight to Isabella

Well, everything you have said about them would convince me NOT to book with them!

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
3,012 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Cristobal Airzab flight to Isabella

Sounds increasingly liken a Galapagos inter-island airline! Emetebe remains a fall back option.

Good luck,

Heather Blenkiron

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: San Cristobal Airzab flight to Isabella

Have just come across this thread so may be too late to help with your trip.

We flew with Airzab from Isabella to Baltra on 1st April 2014 and were more than happy with the service we received.

We had tried to book with Emetebe, but in spite of their website claiming that they had no fixed schedule and would ensure everyone got their connections, the agent in Isabella was very off-hand and said the 8am flight was fully booked. So we took a taxi to the airport to see which other airlines we could fly with - seemingly deserted airport but eventually found an Airzab crewman who directed our taxi driver to their office in town. Said office was two doors from Emetebe one, but rather inconspicuos!

We found the Airzab owner and receptionist in a brand new upstairs office; they'd just moved in and had no business cards yet. Anyway, we decided we liked the answers we got to our questions re aircraft and pilots, so booked our flight.

Check-in was quite casual, but with room for only five passengers, three of whom seemed to be locals, that was no surprise. The flight itself was fine; all very professional. For those interested in aircraft registrations, the plane was HC-BKP, a Piper Navajo.

This company really must get some marketing going; they deserve to succeed.

Zurich, Switzerland
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: San Cristobal Airzab flight to Isabella

Flew with ZAB airlines in June 2014 and apart from it being a wonderful flight it is competitively priced (Baltra to San Cristobal/ 20 mins). The plane was reasonably new (newer than the model we saw from the airline Emetebe). We very much liked that there was no additional charge for luggage and that it was very comfortable.

It is a great option to travel from one island to the other but moreover it gives you a spectacular view on the galapagos archipelago which we would not want to miss.

They could market themselves better!

We would highly recommend travelling with this airline.

Jana and Mubarak

Middletown, Delaware
Level Contributor
220 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: San Cristobal Airzab flight to Isabella

I also flew AirZab in June. I was pleased with my experience. They allowed me to carry all 25kg of luggage as well as the 25kg that my fiancé travelled with. I even got to sit in as "co-pilot" and the views were spectacular. The pilot pointed out the names of the islands and it was a great experience!

Also, half the price of Emetebe!

Huntington, NY
Level Contributor
68 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: San Cristobal Airzab flight to Isabella

I read these good reviews and would like to book a flight from Isabela to San Cristobal. Can someone please direct me to how to contact them? If not possible directly, maybe through some agent?

Rockville Centre...
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: San Cristobal Airzab flight to Isabella

hitulu, there's booking info for both airlines, here:

galapagosoptions.com/index.php…

I've never used either one, and I don't know a thing about reliability, or about the galapagosoptions.com site, and so on.

Get answers to your questions about San Cristobal