We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Equador.......(Quito)

Montreal
2 posts
Save Topic
Equador.......(Quito)

Hello All !!!!

I am booked on a south america cruise for March 1, 2007 & would like to know the average temps in Quito ( Equador) approx. temps, also is there alot of rain in March ?? If anyone has been there please let me know as i am not sure what kind of clothing to bring with me !!

eagerly looking forward to some positive feedback........

Thanks to all !!!!!!!

Fayetteville...
Level Contributor
600 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Equador.......(Quito)

Sorry I left this for American in Quito. Anyway the highlands where Quito is located can be cool especially at night. So you will need a sweater or jacket. Shorts are not really acceptable, so slacks or skirts. It is always good to have an umbrella!

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
456 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Equador.......(Quito)

there can be a ton of rain in March. You might get lucky and not see any, or it might rain all day for four days. A cotton sweater and a windbreaker is good enough for me, but some folks like warmer clothes (eg. a leather coat). If it's sunny, I'm warm enough in short-sleeve shirts during the day.

Montreal
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Equador.......(Quito)

Hi,

Thanks for the information...well i sure hope that i don't have alot of rain, like you mentionrd !

Thanks to all who took the time to write ! Much appreciated

regards,

Riobamba
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Equador.......(Quito)

Am Ecuadorian... lived here most of my life.. weather in Quito changes, but march is fine.. is carniva days.. so expect heat during the day, but the night can be real cold...

Riobamba where i live has moderate weather is all the same all year round, we dont have marked seasons like in other countrys... thas because we are in the midle of the world....

Bring both !!!

Dont be silly enough to be walking with a huge jacket in a dry suny day!!!

Should you need info in places where to go let me know

check my full profile at

www.couchsurfing.com/profile.html?id=1PXJ2OK

Have a nice trip!

5. Re: Equador.......(Quito)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 09:16