We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to book day trips from Puerto Ayora for December!!

salt lake city
Level Contributor
125 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Trying to book day trips from Puerto Ayora for December!!

My family is renting a house in Punta Estrada over Christmas break. It is June and i am trying to book 3 day trips to other Islands during the week we are on Santa Cruz. What is the problem!!

I am lucky if i get a tour operator to answer my email and if they do, they offer me a day trip for dates I am not interested in!

I have 3 specific dates; Dec. 23, 24, and 26th, 2014. The other days we are on Santa Cruz we will relax and explore parts of the Island on our own.

Can anyone tell me of reliable day trip operators that have a larger boat, not a small motor boat. My daughter and i are prone to seasickness.

i am shocked at how booked up things are 6 months in advance. I'm afraid we will be going all the way to Galapagos and not get to see anything but Santa Cruz Island!

Livermore...
Level Contributor
219 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to book day trips from Puerto Ayora for December!!

The challenge you are experiencing is based on the fact that those are the most demanded dates in the Galapagos. So for example, many hotels sold those dates out over a year ago and grabbed many of the day boat spaces for their passengers already. You may have to be a bit more flexible but if you are lucky you may still be able to find a company that offers 4 day cruises out of Puerto Ayora that you can hitch a ride with. Day boats, by definition, tend to be small as opposed to yachts and ships offering multi-day cruises, which are larger. You also might have luck contacting a dive company like Scuba Iguna, Nauti Diving or Sub Aqua as these companies are starting to diversify into day tours other than diving. Many thanks, Paul

Middletown, Delaware
Level Contributor
227 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to book day trips from Puerto Ayora for December!!

I had great luck with Galagents. I visited Santa Fe, North Seymour, Plaza Sur, and Bartolome with this company and enjoyed myself thoroughly. The guide was adequate and the boat was very comfortable. A delicious lunch and beverages were also provided!

This is their website:

http://www.galagents.com

You can view their two vessels, Narel I and II on the site as well!

3. Re: Trying to book day trips from Puerto Ayora for December!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2015, 06:16