We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Manta

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
71 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
3 days in Manta

Hi my wife & I are arriving in Manta by cruise ship Friday 4th March departing Sunday evening at 8pm. I have done some research on Manta but cant seem to find a lot to do in or around Manta.Could someone please advise as to what there might be to see or do! Regards Glenn

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days in Manta

Manta has a lot to offer around it. Try Montecristi with "Panama huts", la Pila with ceramics, pottery, hamocks and straw crafts, try Puerto Lopez with isla de la Plata (small Galapagos).

Saludos,

DY

2. Re: 3 days in Manta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to copyright infringement. By law, we must remove any messages that include content protected by copyright which has been reproduced without direct permission from the author/publisher -- this includes but is not limited to items copied and pasted from online news agencies, magazines and commercial/personal websites, trademarks, passwords, confidential information, or intellectual property of any other person.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2010, 20:45
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
71 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days in Manta

Hi ,Thank you very much for your advise. Will see what I can organise.regards Glenn Q

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
71 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 days in Manta

Hi qwovadis, Thank you very much for all of your information1 Looks like we will need more than 3 days to see it all !! Regards Glenn Q

5. Re: 3 days in Manta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12 October 2010, 12:21
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 days in Manta

.............looking for some info regarding taking the Chivas bus from Manta to Montecristi. We would like to do this on our own or with a group from the ship rather than do it as a ship's excursion. Is this doable? is it a safe thing to do on one's own? If so what is the cost return from Manta to Montecristi. We always like to experience local culture and customs and from what I have read, this looks like a fun thing to do...........but safe for a couple in their mid 60's?????

~j~

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 days in Manta

Had not heard of Chivas going from Manta to Montecristi.

May be these are the local buses that take you from Manta to Montecristi.

I would not advice you to take those buses, specially coming from a luxury cruise ship.

May be take a taxi. It would cost you usd 20 roughly.

Saludos

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,619 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 days in Manta

See this topic from February: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297538-i4907-k339…

Montecristi is only about a 20 minute taxi ride from the Manta airport; don´t know how far from the harbor.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 days in Manta

Thanks for the VERY quick reply. Taxis are safe to take?.........I am sure that I read to be wary when taking a taxi. We do not want to do anything that is unsafe but we also want to enjoy the country without having to use one of the ship's excursions.....they are just a HUGE rip off as far as I am concerned

~j~.

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 3 days in Manta

How much are they asking for the excursions on board?

Get answers to your questions about Manta