We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avalon beach

new jersey
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Avalon beach

Hi there. I am going to Avalon this coming weekend - Sept 8,9 - with my wife and 2 kids age 5 and 2. Is the water too cold or choppy to get in? Any other ideas on things to do with the kids while there? We will be staying at the Beachcomber. Cheers.

North Wildwood
Level Contributor
384 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Avalon beach

The water temp today is about 70, this is the best time of the year down here. IMHO

Always lots going on, check out the Wetlands Institute on Stone Harbor Blvd. http://www.wetlandsinstitute.org/

Enjoy!

new jersey
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Avalon beach

Thanks wildre. We are looking forward to our visit. I will check out the link.

Level Contributor
2,130 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Avalon beach

Hi Vidhu

Hope you like the BEachcomber. We were about to buy into this timeshare, but lack information. Tried to find some info on the www.tugbbs.com site, b ut not much is there.

I know it trades via RCI, but not sure if it also trades with II? And I can't find much about maintance fees & taxes/insurance.......

Don't kow if iti s a good purchase......I've seen 2 bed 2 bath Marriott Seaview resale weeks (gold) as low as $3000 +, but they aren't beachfront.

Thanks,

Ken

new jersey
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Avalon beach

KenK,

Our trip was excellent and Beachcomber is very nice. I submitted a long review on Tripadvisor but it has not shown up yet under Beachcomebr reviews yet. Hope I dont have to write it again.

In any case, Beachcomber is a very nice, clean but modest hotel. The location is good - steps from the beach - and it seems to be well run. Avalon and Stone Harbor are fantastic towns. The beach is very wide and clean and the people are nice. There are a lot of places to eat, but everything is controlled development and charm is retained - no honky tonk of other NJ shore towns here.

As for merits as a timeshare investment, I am afraid I just dont know enough about it. I think there is some info on the Beachcomber website. And if you call the office, I am sure they can put you in touch with some current owners and provide you all information.

Good luck ! We are sure going back next year.

new jersey
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Avalon beach

KenK,

Beachcomber has some time share info on their website.

www.avalon-beachcomber.com

My review finally got posted at:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g29754-d5768…

vidhu

Holland, PA
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Avalon beach

Anyone know where to find out if there is a timeshare avalable for purchase there?

Ed

7. Re: Avalon beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 23:19
Get answers to your questions about Avalon
Recent Conversations